Augusta Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||37.94 sq mi (98.3 km2)|
|• Land||37.89 sq mi (98.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.13%|
|Elevation||673 ft (205 m)|
|• Density||21/sq mi (8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62311, 62316, 62367|
|GNIS feature ID||0428620|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.94 square miles (98.3 km2), of which 37.89 square miles (98.1 km2) (or 99.87%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.13%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Pulaski at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Old Augusta, Pulaski, Trimble and Woodland City.
- Augusta Lake
- Community Park
- Southeastern Community Unit School District 337
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Augusta Township". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Harmony Township||St. Mary Township||Lamoine Township, McDonough County|
|Chili Township||Birmingham Township, Schuyler County|
|Houston Township, Adams County||Northeast Township, Adams County||Huntsville Township, Schuyler County|