Augustus Radcliffe Grote (1841 Liverpool, England - 1903 Hildesheim, Germany) was a British entomologist who worked mainly in America.
Grote investigated, discovered and designated various butterflies and moths in North America, particularly in the USA, Mexico and Cuba.
He became Director of the Roemer und Pelizaeus Museum Hildesheim.
Grote was a Fellow of the Entomological Society of London.
- The effect of the glacial epoch upon the distribution of insects in North America, Salem, Mass., Printed at the Salem press, 1876
- Notes on the Sphingidæ of Cuba, Philadelphia, 1865
- Check list of the Noctuidae of America, north of Mexico ... I - II. Buffalo, N. Y., 1875-76.
- The New Infidelity; G.P. Putnam's; 1881; 101 pgs.
- Anonym, 1903 [Grote, A. R.] Entomologist's Monthly Magazine (3), London 39 :256.
- Essig, E. O. ,1931 A History of Entomology.New York, Macmillan Company : VI+1-1029 639-640, Portrait
- Heppner, J. B., 1999 The Pioneer Century of American Entomology, by H. B. Weiss. Chapter VII-VIII. Lepidoptera news, Gainesville 1999 (3): 11-32.