Aurangabad, West Bengal
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jangipur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Suti|
Aurangabad is a census town in Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is an urban unit in Suti — II community development bloc, which is part of Jangipur subdivision of the district. The police station is Suti, which is the police station for Suti — I and Suti — II blocs.
Currently, Aurangabad is assembly constituency No. 51 of West Bengal; later as recommendations of Delimitation Commission are implemented, this area will be part of new assembly constituency No. 57, Suti, which will contain the whole area under Suti — II bloc.
Aurangabad is located at .
As of 2001[update] India census, Aurangabad had a population of 32,134. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Aurangabad has an average literacy rate of 44%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 52%, and female literacy is 36%. In Aurangabad, 19% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- "Population, Decadal Growth Rate, Density and General Sex Ratio by Residence and Sex, West Bengal/ District/ Sub District, 1991 and 2001". West Bengal. Directorate of census operations. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- "Census of India 2001, Final Population Totals, West Bengal, Rural Frame". West Bengal. Directorate of census operations. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- "Yahoo maps for Aurangabad, West Bengal". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "List of Colleges in West Bengal". University Grants Commission (India). Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- "Tourism". Official website of Murshidabad district. Archived from the original on 17 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- "Staff particulars of MO in the district of Murshidabad: Government Hospitals Details". Official website of Murshidabad district. Retrieved 2008-11-13.