Auren Raphael Hoffman (born 1974) is an American entrepreneur, CEO of Rapleaf, venture capitalist with The Founders Fund, editor of Summation.net, angel investor, and member of Council on Foreign Relations.
Hoffman sold his first tech company while still in his 20's. Hoffman is an expert networker and sometimes is referred to as a "catalyst," because often "maps" people to see how they fit into his social network.
Hoffman, CEO of Rapleaf an online reputation management company, ironically once showed up to a meeting in a Ryder truck, and parked blocks away to reduce his chances of being seen. Prior to Rapleaf, Hoffman founded Kyber Systems in his Junior year at UC Berkeley, as a way to pay for school.  Later Hoffman founded Bridgepath Inc., which was acquired by Bullhorn Inc. Hoffman is also a founder of BrightRoll. Hoffman is a frequent speaker at events in the technology industry, WSJ Blogs call him "a fixture in the Silicon Valley scene," and Gawker Media's Valleywag refers to him as "uberconnected."
Hoffman is listed as an adviser or investor in the following companies: 750 Industries, AdRocket, Blip.tv, BrightRoll, Delicious Brands, GoodRec, Grouply, Huddler, LabPixies, Lefora, Mechanical Zoo, Meebo, Merchant Circle, MesmoTV, Offbeat Guides, OtherInbox, Play Megaphone, Proclivity, RateItAll, RichRelevance, SnapTalent, Socializr, Structural Wealth Management, VoxPop.tv, Yotify, & Zoom Systems.
Hoffman is a contributor to the Huffington Post, often on political subjects, as well as Business Week. Hoffman also publishes a blog on the Huffington Post. Hoffman is a Republican and a political contributor. Hoffman is a guest editor for blogs.com where he does the "Top 10 Coolest Blogs on Data,"  as well as other tech publications. Hoffman is a contributor to Council on Foreign Relations papers.
 Personal life
Hoffman is a son of Amalia Hoffman of Larchmont, N.Y., and Edward M. Hoffman of Montvale, N.J. Amalia Hoffman is an author and illustrator of children’s books, including “The Klezmer Bunch” (Gefen Publishing House, 2009). Edward M. Hoffman works in New York as a software engineer and software consultant to the financial industry.
In 2011 Hoffman married United States Attorney Hallie Alexandra Mitchell. Federal judge Barry G. Silverman of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in Phoenix, Arizona officiated the wedding which was held in Nashotah, Wisconsin. Mitchell graduated from Princeton and received a law degree from Northwestern.
- CNN Fortune, Auren Hoffman joins VC firm, By Dan Primack December 19, 2011: 7:08 PM ET http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/12/19/auren-hoffman-joins-vc-firm/
- CRN Magazine, November 30, 2000: The Young & Restless: Auren Hoffman, BridgePath
- People, profiles & trust: on interpersonal trust in web-mediated social spaces. Alexander Ljung, Eric Wahlforss. ISBN 978-1-4092-2942-1
- San Francisco Chronicle - Tech Culture - July 21, 2006 -"Get some cash and some karma"
- Creative Leadership Forum: How to Recognise the Entrepreneur from the Strategy Consultant - Auren Hoffman, Angel Investor, CEO Rapleaf
- Money Makers: Inside the New World of Finance and Business. By David Snider, Chris Howard. ISBN 978-0-230-61401-7
- The starfish and the spider: the unstoppable power of leaderless organizations. By Ori Brafman, Rod A. Beckstrom. ISBN 978-1-59184-143-2
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance Jul 1999: "Try a truck and other strategies when you are under 25"
- Inside The Cult Of Kibu, by Lori Gottlieb - 2002, ISBN 978-1-903985-37-3
- Bullhorn Acquires Bridgepath, Boston – October 15, 2002 –
- Wall Street Journal WSJ Blogs: Digits October 24, 2010. RapLeaf’s Founder on Privacy, Business
- Gawker Media Valleywag Party Report, August 24, 2007, Lotus Vodka offers release from the tech scene
- VentureBeat Valley networker Auren Hoffman’s reputation on the line
- Valleywag: Can Auren Hoffman's reputation get any worse? - September 18, 2007
- Huffington Post Who Cheats More: Democrats or Republicans?
- Auren Hoffman @ Huffington Post
- Blogs.com: Top 10 Coolest Blogs on Data
- Microtimes, Issues 178-179. BAM Publications, Inc., 1998: "Internet Email Strategies"
- Council on Foreign Relations, Center for Preventive Action: Stability, Security, and Sovereignty in the Republic of Georgia, David Philips, 2004.
- Council on Foreign Relations: Annual report 2005
- New York Times: "Weddings/Celebrations: Hallie Mitchell, Auren Hoffman", July 2, 2011
- UC Berkeley Engineering News Vol 79: Auren Hoffman