AuroraFlash is a Windows desktop flash editor, allowing to manage flash content by means of an admin panel and a WYSIWYG editor. Basically AuroraFlash is a free version of more powerful Mint editor. AuroraFlash has a set of free flash templates that can be applied to it.
- AuroraFlash Alpha 0.1 was released on 21 July 2009
- AuroraFlash Alpha 0.2 was released on 13 August 2009
- AuroraFlash Beta was released on 9 October 2009
- AuroraFlash Beta 0.3 was released on 28 October 2009
- AuroraFlash Beta 1.0 was released on 14 January 2010
Overview and Features
AuroraFlash is a desktop based flash CMS, which is used to edit its own flash templates. Third party flash templates cannot be edited via AuroraFlash admin panel.
The main difference of Auroraflash in comparison to other Flash CMS solutions is that it's a desktop based application, which serves as an admin panel for XML templates editing. The templates are based on the number of flash components, which can be added and removed as a separate pages. Each of the modules has its own settings panel. Aurora Flash CMS supports deep linking, caching and browser history. The content is fully indexable by the search engines. Auroraflash has its own FTP publishing options.
Unfortunately due to its architecture, AuroraFlash supports only templates of the specific structure. Thus your options on customizing template design are far too limited.[neutrality is disputed] The software only supports Windows OS. Like any other flash based product, the templates created with AuroraFlash have certain problems with mobile devices.
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2011)|
1. Soulo, Tim, AuroraFlash new Flash CMS software, retrieved 27 June 2009
2. Jorgensen, Martin, Revolutionary flash site builder, retrieved 12 August 2009
3. Ionescu, Alex, TOP 10 reasons to use AuroraFlash, retrieved 14 August 2009
4. Sowards, Andy, AuroraFlash helps to make a decision, retrieved 31 August 2009
5. Studguard, Martin, AuroraFlash at CrunchBase, retrieved 8 September 2009
6. Hammet, Jamal, AuroraFlash review, retrieved 11 November 2009
6. Tasovski, Steve, AuroraFlash CMS review, retrieved 3 December 2009
7. Miles, Anastasia, An indepth review of 9 best Flash CMS solutions, retrieved 18 May 2010