|Look up aussie in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, United Kingdom, and Ireland, the word is pronounced // OZ-ee (Australian English [ˈɔzi]), with a /z/ sound; however, in the United States, it is most often pronounced // AW-see with an /s/ sound. Pronouncing the word with an /s/ in place of the /z/ is considered by Australians to be a canonically American error – similar to pronouncing the last syllables of Melbourne and Brisbane as "born" and "bane", respectively, rather than with a reduced vowel.
- C'mon Aussie C'mon, an Australian cricket anthem.
- Ihaka, James (15 August 2013). "Going to Aussie? Think agai". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Macquarie Dictionary 5th Edition. Macmillan Publishers Australia. 2010. ISBN 9781876429669.
- Kennett, Jeff (11 November 2011). "C'mon Aussie, let's grow up". Herald Sun. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- Wall, Mick (2012). AC/DC: Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be. London: Orion Publishing group. ISBN 978-1-4091-1535-9.
- Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Merriam-Webster Inc., 1961 (repr. 2002).
- MSN Encarta Dictionary, North American edition.  Retrieved on 7 June 2007. Archived 2009-10-31.
- Webster's New World College Dictionary, Wiley, 2004.
- Hirst, John (2005). Sense and Nonsense in Australian History. Black Inc. Agenda. pp. 11–13. ISBN 0-9750769-9-X.