Carlile (left) in 2011 with Cole Dabney
|Birth name||Austin Robert Carlile|
September 27, 1987 |
Pensacola, Florida, United States
|Genres||Metalcore, post-hardcore, nu metal|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, guitar, keyboard|
|Associated acts||Of Mice & Men, Attack Attack!, Chapters Though She Wrote, Covette|
Austin Robert Carlile (born September 27, 1987) is an American musician from Pensacola, Florida. He was the lead vocalist for the former band Attack Attack! and is currently the lead vocalist of the metalcore band Of Mice & Men.
Musical career history
Attack Attack! (2007–2008)
Carlile joined Attack Attack! in 2007. On 18 November 2008, Carlile announced that "[he wasn't] in Attack Attack! anymore." When asked why, he responded with "personal things". This post also officially announced his then-new project, Of Mice & Men. Alternative Press reported that he was fired while the band was on tour.
Of Mice & Men (2009–present)
On the same day that Carlile announced that he was no longer a part of Attack Attack!, he officially announced the formation of his new project, Of Mice & Men with Jaxin Hall (bassist). Their first release was "Seven Thousand Miles for What?". They also did a cover of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face", then soon after released "No Really, It's Fine". Soon after, Austin and Jaxin started to gather up the other members of the band. The band recruited several members of already-existing bands, such as Phil Manansala (lead guitarist) from A Static Lullaby, and Tino Arteaga (drummer) from Lower Definition. Their self-titled debut album was officially announced to be released on 23 February 2010, but was delayed until 9 March for finishes on production. In 2010, Austin was unable to tour with Of Mice & Men, because he needed to have major heart surgery, and his health prevented him from touring. Jerry Roush from Sky Eats Airplane served as the tour replacement for Austin. Roush then became a permanent substitute, even after Austin was able to tour again. In September 2010, shortly after the departure of Craig Owens of Chiodos, rumours that Carlile would replace him circulated quickly, but were denied when Brandon Bolmer was announced as vocalist. A fake tweet from Carlile's account was produced making it seem that Carlile would be joining Chiodos as vocalist.
Carlile re-joined the band on 3 January 2011.
In the early morning of March 30, 2013, Carlile was arrested with drum technician Loniel Robinson II, he was later charged with felonious assault. The band missed two shows on the "Right Back at It Again" tour with A Day to Remember and Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! as a result. Carlile's mugshot was released two days later. Carlile was released on bail and ordered not to have any contact with the victim. On April 29, 2013, Carlie's original charge of felonious assault was reduced to misdemeanor assault by the judge, and he was subsequently found guilty. He was fined $1000 plus court expenses, although $800 of the fine was suspended. 
As lead singer
Main article: Attack Attack! § Discography
Main article: Of Mice & Men (band) § Discography
As featured artist
- Carlile, Austin (18 November 2009). "No, im not in ATTACK ATTACK anymore – Austin Carlile's MySpace Blog". MySpace. Retrieved 30 December 2009.
- Karan, Tim (20 October 2009). "Attack Attack! vocalist leaves band", Alternative Press. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- Reid, Sean. "Alter The Press!: Of Mice and Men Announce Debut Album Release Date". Alter the Press!. Retrieved 30 December 2009.
- Karan, Tim (4 April 2010). "Austin Carlile: 'I quit Of Mice & Men'", Alternative Press. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- Mahoney, Josh (11 February 2010). "Cheerios' New Vocalist...? – Damaged Press". Damaged Press. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- "AUSTIN CARLILE CONFIRMED AS NEW CHIODOS VOCALIST". Strike Gently. 26 September 2009. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- Karan, Tim (3 January 2011). "Alt Press Exclusive: Austin Carlile back in Of Mice & Men". Alternative Press. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- Zarrillo, Zack (2013-04-01). "POZ Exclusive: Austin Carlile Arrested For Felonious Assault; Being Released From Jail Today". PropertyOfZack. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Monday, April 1, 2013 12:43 am (2013-04-01). "Lead singer from Of Mice & Men arrested Saturday morning - The BG News: City". The BG News. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "UPDATE: Austin Carlile Arraigned; Preliminary Hearing Scheduled For April 15". Under the Gun Review. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Shotwell, James (29 April 2013). "Exclusive: Austin Carlie Found Guilty of Misdemeanor Assault". Spin Music, a division of SpinMedia. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "That's Outrageous! collaboration with Austin Carlile". Alt Press Online. Alt Press. Retrieved 27 March 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Of Mice & Men (band).|