|Birth name||Austin Robert Carlile|
September 27, 1987 |
Pensacola, Florida, United States
|Genres||metalcore, post-hardcore, nu metal|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, keyboard, programming|
|Associated acts||Of Mice & Men, Attack Attack!, Chapters Though She Wrote, Covette|
Austin Robert Carlile (born September 27, 1987) is an American musician from Pensacola, Florida. He was the lead vocalist for the former band Attack Attack! and is currently the lead vocalist of the metalcore band Of Mice & Men.
Musical career history
Attack Attack! (2007–2008)
Carlile joined Attack Attack! in 2007. On November 18, 2008, Carlile announced that "[he wasn't] in Attack Attack! anymore." When asked why, he responded with "personal things". This post also officially announced his then-new project, Of Mice & Men. Alternative Press reported that he was fired while the band was on tour.
Of Mice & Men (2009–present)
On the same day that Carlile announced that he was no longer a part of Attack Attack!, he officially announced the formation of his new project, Of Mice & Men with Jaxin Hall (ex-bassist). Their first release was "Seven Thousand Miles for What?". They also did a cover of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face", then soon after released "No Really, It's Fine". Soon after, Austin and Jaxin started to gather up the other members of the band. The band recruited several members of already-existing bands, such as Phil Manansala (lead guitarist) from A Static Lullaby, and Tino Arteaga (drummer) from Lower Definition. Their self-titled debut album was officially announced to be released on February 23, 2010, but was delayed until March 9 for finishes on production. In 2010, Austin was unable to tour with of Mice & Men, because he needed to have major heart surgery, and his health prevented him from touring. Jerry Roush from Sky Eats Airplane served as the tour replacement for Austin. Roush then became a permanent substitute, even after Austin was able to tour again. In September 2010, shortly after the departure of Craig Owens of Chiodos, rumours that Carlile would replace him circulated quickly, but were denied when Brandon Bolmer was announced as vocalist. A fake tweet from Carlile's account was produced making it seem that Carlile would be joining Chiodos as vocalist.
Carlile re-joined the band on January 3, 2011.
In the early morning of March 30, 2013, Carlile was arrested with drum technician Loniel Robinson II, he was later charged with felonious assault. The band missed two shows on the "Right Back at It Again" tour with A Day to Remember and Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! as a result. Carlile's mugshot was released two days later. Carlile was released on bail and ordered not to have any contact with the victim. On April 29, 2013, Carlie's original charge of felonious assault was reduced to misdemeanor assault by the judge, and he was subsequently found guilty. He was fined $1000 plus court expenses, although $800 of the fine was suspended.
As lead singer
Main article: Attack Attack! § Discography
Main article: Of Mice & Men (band) § Discography
As featured artist
- Carlile, Austin (November 18, 2009). "No, im not in ATTACK ATTACK anymore – Austin Carlile's MySpace Blog". MySpace. Retrieved December 30, 2009.
- Karan, Tim (October 20, 2009). "Attack Attack! vocalist leaves band", Alternative Press. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- Reid, Sean. "Alter The Press!: Of Mice and Men Announce Debut Album Release Date". Alter the Press!. Retrieved December 30, 2009.
- Karan, Tim (April 4, 2010). "Austin Carlile: 'I quit Of Mice & Men'", Alternative Press. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- Mahoney, Josh (February 11, 2010). "Cheerios' New Vocalist...? – Damaged Press". Damaged Press. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- "AUSTIN CARLILE CONFIRMED AS NEW CHIODOS VOCALIST". Strike Gently. September 26, 2009. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- Karan, Tim (January 3, 2011). "Alt Press Exclusive: Austin Carlile back in Of Mice & Men". Alternative Press. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- Zarrillo, Zack (April 1, 2013). "POZ Exclusive: Austin Carlile Arrested For Felonious Assault; Being Released From Jail Today". PropertyOfZack. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "Lead singer from of Mice & Men arrested Saturday morning – The BG News: City". The BG News. April 1, 2013. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "UPDATE: Austin Carlile Arraigned; Preliminary Hearing Scheduled For April 15". Under the Gun Review. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Shotwell, James (April 29, 2013). "Exclusive: Austin Carlie Found Guilty of Misdemeanor Assault". Spin Music, a division of SpinMedia. Retrieved April 18, 2014.
- "That's Outrageous! collaboration with Austin Carlile". Alt Press Online. Alt Press. Retrieved March 27, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Of Mice & Men (band).|