Austin Community College District
|Austin Community College District|
Austin Community College Highland Campus ACCelerator
|Motto||Start Here. Get There.|
|Established||September 17, 1973|
|Type||Community college district|
|President||Dr. Richard Rhodes|
|Provost||Dr. Charles Cook|
|Location||Austin, Texas, United States|
The Austin Community College District (ACC) is a multi-campus community college system serving the Austin, Texas, USA metropolitan area and surrounding Central Texas communities. The college maintains numerous campuses, centers, and distance learning options to serve about 100,000 students in academic, continuing education and adult education programs.
ACC offers associate degree and career/technical certificate programs in 100 areas of study. Most courses taken within the district are meant to apply for associate degrees which help students qualify for jobs or which can be transferred to four-year institutions.
District and Service Area
As defined by the Texas Legislature, the official service area of ACC is the following:
- Hays, Gillespie, Caldwell, and Blanco counties;
- Travis County except the territory within the Marble Falls Independent School District;
- Williamson County except the territory within the Florence, Granger, Hutto, Lexington, Taylor, and Thrall independent school districts;
- the part of the Nixon-Smiley Consolidated Independent School District located in Gonzales County;
- the part of the San Marcos Consolidated Independent School District located in Guadalupe County;
- Bastrop County, except the territory within the Lexington Independent School District;
- the part of the Elgin Independent School District located in Lee County; and
- the part of the Smithville Independent School District located in Fayette County.
ACC has administrative offices in north-central Austin at 5930 Middle Fiskville Road.
- Dr. Richard Rhodes: 2011–Present
- Dr. Stephen B. Kinslow: 2005-2011
- Dr. Stephen B. Kinslow (interim): 2005
- Dr. Robert Aguero: 2004-2005
- Dr. Stephen B. Kinslow: (interim) 2004
- Dr. Richard Fonté: 1997-2004
- Ms. Janis M. Koenig (interim): 1997
- Dr. Hosni Nabi (interim): 1996-1997
- Dr. William E. Segura: 1993-1996
- Mr. Roland K. Smith (interim): 1992-1993
- Dr. Daniel D. Angel: 1985-1992
- Mr. Roland K. Smith (interim): 1984
- Dr. Brent Knight (interim): 1983-1984
- Mr. Roland K. Smith (interim): 1983
- Dr. Cecil L. Groves: 1977-1983
- Mr. Marvin D. Shwiff (interim): 1977
- Dr. Thomas Hatfield: 1973-1977
ACC's mascot is R.B. the Riverbat. The mascot was officially adopted on November 18, 2010 after student and community consultation.
- "ACC Riverbat - About". Austin Community College. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Austin Community College District.|