Austin S. Post was a photographer, glaciologist and mountaineer known for his aerial photography of the mountains and glaciers of North America, particularly the North Cascades of Washington and Glacier Bay, Alaska.
Post worked for many years as a research scientist for the United States Geological Survey and was awarded an honorary degree from the University of Alaska-Fairbanks in 2004, despite not having graduated from high school. Many of his photographs are used in the Cascade Alpine Guide books by Fred Beckey. Post names Bradford Washburn as a photographic influence. He lived on Vashon Island, Washington.
Selected publications 
- Post, Austin; Don Richardson, Wendell V. Tangborn, and F. L. Rosselot (1971). Geological Survey Professional Paper 705—A: Inventory of Glaciers in the North Cascades, Washington. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- Brugman, Melinda M.; Austin Post (1981). USGS Circular 850-D: Effects of Volcanism on the Glaciers of Mount St. Helens. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2007-03-07.
- Post, Austin; LaChapelle, Edward R. (2000) . Glacier Ice (2nd ed.). University of Washington Press. ISBN 0-295-97910-0.
Selected ascents 
- First ascent of the Southeast Ridge of the White Princess, Eastern Alaska Range, 1950, Austin Post, Gottfried Ehrenburg, Don MacAskill, Lawrence E. Nielsen
- Scurlock, John (2007). "Austin Post: Legendary Chronicler of Glaciers". Northwest Mountaineering Journal (4).
- "Vashon Island scientist's lifelong love affair with glaciers". Seattle Times. 2004-07-21. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- Beckey, Fred (2000) . Columbia River to Stevens Pass. Cascade Alpine Guide 1 (3rd ed.). Seattle, Washington: Mountaineers Books. ISBN 0-89886-577-8.
- Beckey, Fred (2003) . Stevens Pass to Rainy Pass. Cascade Alpine Guide 2 (3rd ed.). Seattle, Washington: Mountaineers Books. ISBN 0-89886-152-7.
- Beckey, Fred (1995) . Rainy Pass to Fraser River. Cascade Alpine Guide 3 (2nd ed.). Seattle, Washington: Mountaineers Books. ISBN 0-89886-423-2.
- Nielsen, Lawrence E. (1952). "Eastern Alaska Range". American Alpine Journal: 362–364. ISSN 0065-6925.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Austin Post|
|This article about an American photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|