Australia–Paraguay relations refers to bilateral relations between Australia and Paraguay. Diplomatic relations were established in 1974. Paraguay has an embassy in Canberra whilst Australia has a non resident ambassador in Buenos Aires. Both countries are members of the Cairns Group.
Australia and Paraguay established diplomatic relations in 1974, and Australia’s first Ambassador to Paraguay, H.A. Dunn, presented credentials on 6 October 1976. A Paraguayan consulate was present in Melbourne in 2008. Diplomatic and consular relations between Australia and Paraguay were re-established were established in 2011. In January 2011, Australia opened an honorary consulate in the city of Asunción, with official Yan Speranza, also executive director of the Moises Bertoni Foundation in Paraguay, acting within his capacity as consul. The honorary consulate provides limited consular services to Australians in Paraguay. September 2011, when Paraguay opened an embassy in Canberra, with diplomats Esteban Bedoya and Yuli Kujawa present until 2014.
The most notable event between Australia and Paraguay was the establishment of New Australia a utopian socialist settlement in Paraguay founded by the Australian New Australian Movement. This movement was founded by William Lane. Lane recruited 220 shearers, stockmen and unionists and sailed from Sydney in July 1893 for Paraguay. At the time, the Paraguayan government was keen to get Australian migration to boost the population of young men to rebuild the population and boost the local economy and the Government had offered the group a large area of good land. 
The colony was officially founded on 28 September 1893 as Colonia Nueva Australia and comprised 238 adults and children.
- León Cadogan - Paraguayan ethnologist
- Gilbert Casey - (1856-1946) Co-founder of New Australia and Chief of Police; Australian trade unionist
- Mary Gilmore - Australian socialist poet and journalist.
- William Lane - (1861–1917) Founder of New Australia; Pioneer of the Australian labour movement and utopian.
- Rose Summerfield - Australian feminist and labour activist.
- Robin Wood - Paraguayan comic book writer
- Alex Sharman - Former Rugby Union player
- "Cosme and New Australia colonies". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 2006-07-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Australia–Paraguay relations.|