Australia national under-20 rugby union team
|Union||Australian Rugby Union|
| Australia 81–12 Canada
(6 June 2008)
| Australia 86–0 Canada
(5 June 2009)
| Australia 17–62 New Zealand
(21 June 2010)
|Appearances||7 (First in 2008)|
|Best result||Runners-up, 2010|
The Australian under-20 rugby union team is Australia's junior team that plays rugby union football at international level. The team has been competing at the annual World Rugby U20 Championship since it began in 2008, replacing the previously held under-19 and under-21 championships. The team also competes at the Oceania U20 Championship as of 2015.
The team's highest finish at the World Rugby Under 20 Championship was as runner-up in 2010 after losing to New Zealand in the final. Australia finished third in 2011 by beating France in the 3rd place playoff, and fourth in 2009 after losing to South Africa 32–5 in the 3rd place playoff.
Summary for all under 20 matches at the World and Oceania championships up to and including 2014:
2015 Junior World Championship – (xth place)
|Pool match||–||South Africa|
|xth place play-off||–|
2015 Oceania Championship – (xth place)
|Pool match||–||New Zealand|
2008 to 2014
2014 Junior World Championship – (5th place)
|5th place play-off||34–27||France|
2013 Junior World Championship – (7th place)
|Pool match||10–14||New Zealand|
|7th place play-off||28–17||Ireland|
2012 Junior World Championship – (8th place)
|7th place play-off||13–17||England|
2011 Junior World Championship – (3rd place)
|3rd place play-off||30–17||France|
2010 Junior World Championship – (2nd place)
|Pool match||42–35||South Africa|
2009 Junior World Championship – (4th place)
|3rd place play-off||5–32||South Africa|
2008 Junior World Championship – (5th place)
|5th place play-off||42–21||France|
The players in the squad for the 2015 World Rugby Under 20 Championship are yet to be announced.
The following players were named in the squad for the 2014 IRB Junior World Championship.
Back Row forwards
- Adrian Thompson - Head Coach
- Michael Grice - Team Manager
- Shane Arnold - Assistant Coach
- Cam Blades - Assistant Coach
- Campbell Hanson - Physiotherapist
- Steve Freeman - Team Doctor
- Carl Marshall - Video Analyst
- Simon Harries - Strength & Conditioning
- Alan Gaffney - Selector
- "New Zealand crowned JWC 2010 champions". IRB. 21 June 2010. Archived from the original on 27 February 2014. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Young Wallabies finish runners up at Junior Worlds". 2010.[dead link]
- "France 17 - 30 Australia". IRB. 26 June 2011. Archived from the original on 10 November 2014. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "Australia finishes fourth at IRB Junior World Championship". 2009.[dead link]
- "McMahon leads junior Wallabies". Rugby 365. 5 May 2014. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "Australia JWC Squad 2014". IRB. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "Australian Under 20s announce squad for Junior World Champs" (Press release). Australian Rugby Union. 5 May 2014. Retrieved 6 May 2014.