Australian Association of National Advertisers
The Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA) was established over 80 years ago and is the peak national body for advertisers based in Sydney, Australia. The AANA represents the interests of organisations involved in Australia’s $30 billion a year advertising, marketing and media industry.
The AANA aims to;
- Promote and safeguard the rights of its members to communicate freely with their customers and to,
- Protect consumers by ensuring advertising and marketing communications are conducted responsibly. AANA implements this through management of a self-regulatory system, including a set of including a set of voluntary codes.
The Advertising Standards Board, which is administratively supported by the Advertising Standards Bureau, deals with complaints under the Codes are adjudicated by this independent system. The AANA established,created and reviews these codes that came into effect in 1997 following extensive consultations with advertisers, agencies, the media, consumer groups and government representatives.
The AANA provides ethical leadership, advocates continuous improvement in commercial communication practice, and promotes and protects freedom of commercial speech. All this in a time of unprecedented change in marketing, advertising and the media.
"To be Australia’s recognised authority on advertising and marketing communication ethics, practice and performance."
||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (April 2012)|
"To provide authoritative and dependable leadership, guidance and support across all areas of advertising and marketing communications."
- Promoting and protecting commercial communications as an essential element of modern business practice;
- Safeguarding marketer access to commercial communication and assisting management of attendant responsibilities;
- Building consumer confidence and public trust in advertising and marketing communications through codes of practice and advocacy and advancement of self-regulation;
- Leading initiatives enhancing knowledge and understanding of responsible practices of advertising and marketing communications in building business and shareholder equity;
- Providing forums, networking and professional development that enrich expertise and capabilities in maximising marketing communications effectiveness and efficiency;
- Being a resource on which members can depend for proprietary services adding personal, professional and corporate value."
"The values of AANA are built on leadership, responsibility, partnership and integrity."
- Leadership: We take the lead in setting an agenda that promotes and protects all interests involved with marketing communications;
- Responsibility: We promote and police responsible advertising and marketing communications practices;
- Partnership: We seek a collaborative approach with advertising, marketing and media industry stakeholders in matters of common interests and/or concern;
- Integrity: We commit to the highest levels of integrity, transparency and accountability in all relationships, dealings and transactions."