|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2006)|
Australian Playboy featured similar content to the lead US edition, and included interviews, feature articles and entertainment reviews. The magazine would rely heavily on the US edition for pictorials, and thus reprinted many pictorials featuring popular US Playmates and celebrities including Pamela Anderson, Erika Eleniak and Anna Nicole Smith.
An Australian Playmate of the Year would be crowned annually.
The first edition featured Rosemary Paul on the cover and featured her in pictorial. Notable Australian celebrities who have appeared in the magazine include:
- Rachel Hunter: supermodel (New Zealander)
- Emma Harrison: Neighbours actress
- Melissa George: Home and Away actress
- Dannii Minogue: international popstar and X Factor and Australia's Got Talent judge
- Fiona Horne: celebrity witch, writer, later contestant on Celebrity Survivor
- Kym Wilson: actress
- Angela Menzies-Wills: actress
- Gabrielle Richens: model, actress, TV presenter
- Wendy Botha: surfer
- Lynda Stoner: actress
One notable omission was Elle Macpherson, who posed nude for the US magazine, but was not featured in Australian Playboy. To date, the biggest selling edition of Australian Playboy is the one with Dannii Minogue on the cover.
- Johns, Carolyn (1982), "Rico Mettbach", The Australian Photography Yearbook (1983 ed.), Melbourne: Roscope Publishers, pp. 77–81, ISSN 0810-4883 — an early photo-essay on Australian eroticism (as opposed to pornography), featuring Playboy photographer Rico Mettbach. Includes some background into the magazine's readership and editorial history.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2014)|
|This magazine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.