Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet (Brasília)
|Time zone||GMT -3|
MotoGP (from 2014)Formula One (1974, non-championship race), Formula 3 Sudamericana (till 2013), Brazilian Formula Three Championship, Stock Car Brasil, Fórmula Truck, Verizon Indycar Series (From 2015)
|Length||5.476 km (3.403 mi)|
Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet is a race course in Brasília, the capital of Brazil. With 5.476 km of length, the name of the circuit was originally Autódromo de Brasília at the establishment in 1974, but later changed to the current name. The circuit brought a non-championship Formula One race to Brasília one week after 1974's official Brazilian GP, known as the Presidente Medici GP won by Emerson Fittipaldi.
From 1995, the circuit was leased to NZ Empreendimentos, one of Nelson Piquet's companies, by the government of the Brazilian Federal District. But, in 2006, the Federal District regained the control to manage the circuit due to NZ Empreendimentos' lack of attention to the track's management.
On 19 August 2013 it was announced that the circuit will host the MotoGP World Championship starting in 2014. It will be the first motorcycle Grand Prix in Brazil since the 2004 Rio Grand Prix.
On 18 September 2014 it was confirmed what the Verizon Indycar Series will have a Round there on March 8th, 2015.
- The circuit holds smaller events today, but does still have a full calendar which includes Motorcycles and a lot of Kart events, on the smaller Kart circuit. "Autódromo de Brasília" (in Portuguese). Race Controle, official sporting organization of Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet (of Brasília). Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- "Autódromo Internacional de Brasília" (in Portuguese). CTM2000 official website. Archived from the original on 2007-10-13. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- "TCDF determina que GDF retome administração do Autódromo" (in Portuguese). Equipe SpeedRacing.com.br. 2006-04-03. Retrieved 2007-11-14.[dead link]
- "RECURSO INTERPOSTO PELA NZ EMPREENDIMENTOS E INVESTIMENTOS LTDA., CONTRA OS TERMOS DO ITEM IV-B DA DECISÃO Nº 763/2006." (in Portuguese). Ministério Público de Contas do Distrito Federal. 2006-06-30. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- "CONCESSÃO DE USO Nº 1/95, DA ÁREA E DAS INSTALAÇÕES DO AUTÓDROMO INTERNACIONAL NELSON PIQUET, PARA A EMPRESA NZ EMPREENDIMENTOS E INVESTIMENTOS LTDA." (in Portuguese). Ministério Público de Contas do Distrito Federal pages =. 2006-11-23. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- Satellite picture by Google Maps
- Trackpedia guide to driving Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet
- Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet Official Website
|This article about a sports venue in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a motor sport venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|