|Status||In production (2011)|
€52,500 (assembled, 2011)
|Developed from||AutoGyro Calidus|
The Autogyro Cavalon is a German autogyro, designed and produced by AutoGyro GmbH of Hildesheim. It was introduced at the 2011 Aero show in Friedrichshafen. The aircraft is supplied as a complete ready-to-fly-aircraft.
Design and development
The Cavalon is a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration development of the tandem-seating AutoGyro Calidus. It features a single main rotor, an enclosed cockpit with a complete aerodynamic cockpit fairing, tricycle landing gear with wheel pants and a four cylinder, air and liquid-cooled, four-stroke, dual-ignition 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912 engine or turbocharged 115 hp (86 kW) Rotax 914 engine in pusher configuration.
The aircraft fuselage is made from composites and is a faired teardrop shape to ensure smooth airflow over the variable pitch pusher propeller. Its 8.4 m (27.6 ft) diameter rotor has a chord of 20 cm (7.9 in). The aircraft has a gross weight of 450 kg (990 lb). The design incorporates vibration dampers that greatly reduce the level of main rotor vibration transmitted to the cockpit.
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 1 passenger
- Length: 4.6 m (15 ft 1 in)
- Width: 1.9 m (6 ft 3 in)
- Height: 2.8 m (9 ft 2 in)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS horizontally opposed four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 75 kW (100 hp)
- Main rotor diameter: 8.4 m (27 ft 7 in)
- Propellers: 3-bladed composite
- Maximum speed: 180 km/h (112 mph; 97 kn)
- Cruising speed: 160 km/h (99 mph; 86 kn)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 176. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Federal Aviation Administration (29 December 2012). "Make / Model Inquiry Results". Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- AutoGyro GmbH (2012). "Cavalon - a new era". Retrieved 29 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AutoGyro Cavalon.|