||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (July 2013)|
AutoIndustriya.com was founded in September 25, 2000 by Brent Co and Benjamin Ngo Jr., two car enthusiasts who wanted to build an online resource for everything automotive in the Philippines.
The website provides automobile enthusiasts with up-to-date news and features as well comprehensive and honest reviews of the latest car models. Its unique feature is the Industrifinder Car Shop directory where enthusiasts can look for shops and services within their area. The site also has a discussion forum where enthusiasts meet online to talk about their passion. A car buyers guide featuring more than 600 new vehicles available in the Philippine market was one of the newer features added to the website. The site also has a section called Tuned, which dabbles into the world of automotive tuning and styling. A recent addition is a Blog called The Clipping Point which takes a look into car culture and other fun automotive features.
The sections are as follows:
- Auto News
- Car Reviews
- Auto Shows
- Auto Tech and Road Safety
- The Inside Man
- Editor's Note
- Racing News
- Motorsport Features
- Race Reports
- Philippine Racing Circuit Guide
- Philippine Car Buyers Guide
- Auto Shop Directory
- Car Discussion Forum
- Car Classified Ads
- The Clipping Point
The site has also organized several events in the past. Three of which were called Ignition. The site's latest event entitled Speedfest is the biggest so far, attracting more than one hundred twenty cars and about two thousand people to the Subic Bay International Airport. The two-day event featured a Mile-Run, Quarter-Mile Drag Race and Gymkhana Time Trials.
Then Associate Editor Vince Pornelos was awarded 'Best Motoring Column' at the 2010 Henry Ford Awards. At the 2012 Henry Ford Awards Contributing Editor Iñigo Roces was recognized as 'Best Smart Technology Feature' and runner-up for the 'Best Green Technology Feature Story'; Vince Pornelos was recognized first runner-up for the 'Automotive Online Feature' and 'Ford Go Further Feature Story' categories. Brent Co was awarded Best Online Photo at the 4th Philippine International Motor Show Media Awards.
AutoIndustriya.com is consistently an event partner of major auto shows in the Philippines. These are: the Philippine International Motor Show, Manila International Auto Show, Trans Sport Show and the Manila Auto Salon. It has recently entered a partnership with Panahon. TV to provide online weather updates for Philippine motorists.
- Ngo, Benj (12 March 2012). "Ignition Manila 2002". AutoIndustriya.com. AutoIndustriya.com. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- Co, Brent (12 March 2012). "Ignition Manila 2003". AutoIndustriya.com. AutoIndustriya.com. Retrieved 30 June 2003.
- Young, Raymond (12 March 2012). "Ignition Manila 2004". AutoIndustriya.com. AutoIndustriya.com. Retrieved 30 June 2003.
- Pornelos, Vince (12 March 2012). "The AutoIndustriya.com Speedfest". AutoIndustriya.com. AutoIndustriya.com. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "2008 DigitalFilipino Web Awards". DigitalFilipino.com. DigitalFilipino.com. 5 November 2008.
- "2009 DigitalFilipino Web Awards". DigitalFilipino.com. DigitalFilipino.com. 14 November 2009.
- "Ford Group Philippines honors top automotive journalists at the 10th Henry Ford Awards". AutoIndustriya.com.
- "FORD PHILIPPINES HONORS THE COUNTRY'S BEST AUTOMOTIVE JOURNALIST AT THE 12TH ANNUAL HENRY FORD AWARDS". Ford Philippines.
- "AutoIndustriya.com bags four awards at the 2012 Henry Ford Awards". AutoIndustriya.com. 2012-12-07.