Autocrat, LLC is a company based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, United States that manufactures and markets coffee and tea extracts. The company's coffee syrups are often utilized to make coffee milk, which was made the official drink of Rhode Island in 1993.
Autocrat, LLC was established in the 1890s under the name Brownell & Field Coffee Company, and began manufacturing coffee syrup in the 1930s. In 1991, Autocrat acquired Eclipse, a coffee syrup manufacturer, after which it became the sole manufacturer of coffee syrup in the United States. It has also been stated the Autorcat was (as of 2007[update]) the sole manufacturer of coffee syrup in the world. However, a company that produces coffee syrup named Morning Glory was established in 2001.
The company is well known for its brand of coffee syrup under the Autocrat name. After the acquisition of Eclipse in 1991, Autocrat continued to manufacture coffee syrup under the Eclipse brand name, and also manufactures a brand named Coffee Time Syrup.
Autocrat has worked in unison with Narragansett Beer company to produce beer brewed with coffee syrup. In December 2013, the Narragansett Beer company marketed a limited edition stout brewed with Autocrat Coffee syrup.
- "Our vision". Autocrat, LLC. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Orchant, Rebecca (February 26, 2013). "Coffee Milk: The Rhode Island Specialty Fueled By Autocrat Syrup". Huffington Post. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Smith, Peter W. (2003). New England Country Store Cookbook. iUniverse. pp. 146–147. ISBN 0595253962.
- Brown, Seth (2007). Rhode Island Curiosities. Globe Pequot. p. 130. ISBN 0762743387.
- "About Morning Glory Coffee Syrup". Morning Glory Coffee Syrup. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Dietsch, Emily (December 16, 2013). "Drunk on Gansett Coffee Milk". Providence Monthly. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Dzen, Gary (December 3, 2013). "Narragansett announces release of Autocrat Coffee Milk Stout". Boston.com. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Narragansett Beer Co. Planning Autocrat Coffee Milk Stout". CBS News (Boston). October 18, 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Simonson, Robert (May–June 2011). "The Milky Way". Imbile magazine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Autocrat.|