Autodesk Gameware is a middleware software suite developed by Autodesk. The suite contains tools that enable designers to create game lighting, character animation, low level path finding, high-level AI and advanced user interfaces.
The Gameware suite consists of the following modules:
- Scaleform: A vector graphics rendering engine used to display Adobe Flash-based user interfaces, HUDs, and animated textures for games, developed by Scaleform Corporation. Also includes Scaleform Video and Scaleform IME.
- Beast: A global illumination solution featuring natural lighting effects: color bounce, soft shadows, high dynamic range lighting, and lighting of moving objects in real-time game environments.
- HumanIK: A character animation middleware library with full body inverse kinematics. Can be integrated into animation engines such as Autodesk MotionBuilder.
- Gameware Navigation: Artificial intelligence middleware providing automatic NavMesh generation, pathfinding, and path following in complex game environments. Originally developed as Kynapse by Kynogon.
- FBX: Asset exchange technology that facilitates 3D data transfer between multiple software applications.
- "Autodesk debuts its Gameware group". Graphicspeak. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "Autodesk Introduces Updated Gameware". Tom's Hardware. Retrieved April 5, 2013.
- "HumanIK (HIK) character solving". Autodesk. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Autodesk unveils new AI tech Gameware Navigation". Develop. Retrieved September 18, 2012.