Automatic data processing equipment
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||The examples and perspective in this article deal primarily with the United States and do not represent a worldwide view of the subject. (May 2010)|
Automatic data processing equipment, legally defined, is any equipment or interconnected system or subsystems of equipment that is used in the
- automatic acquisition,
- switching[disambiguation needed],
- transmission, or
- by a Federal agency, or
- under a contract with a Federal agency
- requires the use of such equipment, or
- requires the performance of a service or the furnishing of a product which is performed or produced making significant use of such equipment.
The term includes
- ancillary equipment,
- firmware, and similar procedures,
- services, including support services, and
- related resources as defined by regulations issued by the Administrator for General Services.
- Public Law 99-500, Title VII, Sec. 822 (a) Section 111(a) of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949 (40 U.S.C. § 759(a)) revised.
|Look up automatic data processing machine in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|