Located in Nazareth Illit, the company was originally founded in 1966 by Automotive Equipment Group as a plant for the assembly of cars and trucks. AIL has since gone on to increase its role in the vehicle's manufacture, doing much of the work on several early Willys MB-derivatives, as well as the more recent M462 trucks and AIL Storm (Sufa) series of Jeep Wrangler-derivatives, and the AIL Desert Raider.
AIL is currently developing the Storm III which began production in August 2008.
- Willys MB [assembly] – (1966–1983)
- AIL M325 Command Car - (1970 to 1993)
- AIL Abir – (1966–1987)
- AIL Storm – (1987–present),
- HMMWV [assembly]
- AIL Desert Raider – (1998–present)
- Antelope - light multipurpose armored vehicle mounted on a RAM 550 truck chassis
- Avner - an armored AIL built body mounted on a RAM 550 truck chassis.
- AMSTAF - developed in conjunction with Automotive Robotic Industry Ltd. (ARI). The AMSTAF is an ARGO 6X6 based remote controlled light armored vehicle
- AIL Official page
- Automotive Industries Ltd. on Global Auto Index
- Automotive Industries Ltd. military products page
- civilian products on parent Automotive Equipment & Vehicles
- Desert Raider at Israel Export & International Cooperative Institute