Autonomie Project is a Fair Trade, Eco-Friendly, and Vegan Fashion Company based out of Boston, MA in the United States. The company began in 2007 when group of friends who were frustrated with the fashion and footwear industries due to their lack of transparency and use of sweatshops and harmful chemicals.  Autonomie Project currently produces shoes, flip flops, hand bags, t-shirts, winter hats and accessories. They work with small, independent cooperatives and Fair Trade certified facilities located in developing areas of the world including Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Peru, and the USA. As well as being Fair Trade Certified, the company uses eco-friendly products as much as possible such as organic cottons and Forest Stewardship Council certified sustainable all natural rubber. Autonomie Project certifies all products and materials all the way down the supply chain are vegan, produced by Fair Trade standards, and are environmentally friendly.
Autonomie Project is a Co-op America certified Green Business and their Sneakers were given an A+ in Co-op America’s Back to School Shoe Guide. The company also gives back to the communities it works with through Fair Trade initiatives through the Talon Workers Welfare Fund. They also work closely with Trees for the Future and The Haitian Project. Both the sneakers and flip flops produced by Autonomie Project have received positive reviews from Life Goggles and Leafy Green Info.
- "Green Shopping, Eco Friendly Products & Sustainable Living Tips - eBay Green Team". Community.worldofgood.com. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "Autonomie High-Top Shoes Eco Product Review". Life Goggles. 1999-02-22. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "Green America: Sweatshops: Sneakers, Leaders and Laggards (Summer 2008)". Coopamerica.org. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "Talon Fair Trade". Talon Fair Trade. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "Trees for the Future > Restoring Degraded Lands to Sustainable Productivity". Treesftf.org. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "lifegoggles.com". lifegoggles.com. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "leafygreen.info". leafygreen.info. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Ed (2008-03-05). "Autonomie Project Ethletic Sneakers". Leafygreen.info. Retrieved 2012-09-01.