From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Autonomous region is a designation for some types of autonomous administrative divisions.
- Autonomous regions of China
- Autonomous regions of India
- Iraqi Kurdistan , Syrian Kurdistan
- The four "autonomous regions with special statute" in Italy: Sicily, Sardinia, Aosta Valley, and Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Autonomous regions of Portugal: the Azores and Madeira
- Región Autónoma del Atlántico Norte (RAAN) and Región Autónoma del Atlántico Sur (RAAS) in Nicaragua.
- Autonomous Region of Bougainville in Papua New Guinea
- Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao in the Philippines
- Autonomous Province of Vojvodina in the Serbia