Autonomy Liberty Democracy
|Autonomy Liberty Democracy|
|Autonomie Liberté Démocratie|
|Chamber of Deputies|
|Regional Council of Aosta Valley|
|Politics of Aosta Valley
ALD was originally formed as an electoral list, affiliated to the The Union, for the 2006 general election and originally comprised: the Democrats of the Left, Democracy is Freedom – The Daisy, Valdostan Renewal, Lively Aosta Valley, Forward Valley, the Communist Refoundation Party, the Federation of the Greens and other minor parties. In that occasion, ALD elected a deputy, Roberto Nicco (Democrats of the Left), and a senator, Carlo Perrin (Valdostan Renewal), defeating respectively 43.4% to 30.7% Marco Viérin (SA, VdA–APF) and 44.2% to 32.0% incumbent senator Augusto Rollandin (UV, VdA–APF)
In the 2008 general election Antonio Fosson (UV, VdA) defeated incumbent senator Carlo Perrin 41.4% to 37.4%, while incumbent deputy Roberto Nicco narrowly defeated Ego Perron (UV, VdA) 39.1% to 37.8%.
Under a new electoral law, the coalition ran together also in the 2008 regional election. The alliance, comprising three party lists (the Democratic Party, Valdostan Renewal–Lively Aosta Valley and Rainbow Aosta Valley), won 27.4% of the vote and was severely defeated by the Autonomy Progress Federalism regionalist coalition, which won 62% of the vote and a stable majority in the Regional Council.
In the 2013 general election ALD failed to elected any MPs: Patrizia Morelli (ALPE, ALD) was defeated by Albert Lanièce (UV, VdA–APF) 37.0% to 30.8% for the Senate, while Jean Pierre Guichardaz (PD, ALD) came third after Rudi Marguerettaz (SA, VdA–APF) and Laurent Viérin (UVP).
- Autonomy Liberty Participation Ecology
- Democratic Party - Valdostan Left
- Progressive Valdostan Union
- Federation of the Left
- Democratic Centre
- Italian Socialist Party
- Federico De Lucia (29 May 2013). "Elezioni in Valle d’Aosta: benvenuto bipolarismo!". CISE. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Tom Lansford (15 April 2013). Political Handbook of the World 2013. SAGE Publications. p. 714. ISBN 978-1-4522-5825-6.
- Speciale elezioni 2006 - Camera - Valle d'Aosta
- Speciale elezioni 2006 - Senato - Valle d'Aosta
- Regionali 2008