|Developer(s)||HBWSL Development Team|
|Stable release||4.7.3 / January 26, 2015|
Avactis has new owners since Aug 2012 - Hummingbird Web Solutions Ltd (HBWSL), based out of India.
One of the Avactis features is the Avactis Tag technology, various dynamic parts of Avactis storefront can be integrated into an existing website through inserting of simple tags into static pages. All Avactis Tags are described in the Avactis Tag Library (ATL).
The Avactis development team was formed in 2001 by Pentasoft Corporation development team. Avactis has undergone a change in ownership. It has been acquired in Aug 2012 by Hummingbird Web Solutions Ltd, a company focusing primarily on Open-Source.
- Web server should support PHP version 5.1.0 or higher
- Web server should support MySQL version 4.0.2 or higher.
- Amount of memory available to PHP processes should be at least 64MB
- SSH (Secure Shell) access or Cron job management is required for backup and restore
- Apache mod_rewrite module is required for SEO URLs support
Some of the features within Avactis require additional technologies, which may or may not already be provided by one's hosting service: HTTPS (security certificate), SSH (secure shell) access or Cron job management, the Apache mod_rewrite module.
-  Compare Avactis editions
- Php | Architect magazine Edition 8, 08/2008.
-  Practical eCommerce Magazine. "Cart of the Week: Avactis" by Kate Monteith November 20, 2009.
-  PHP magazine. "Avactis 1.9.0 eCommerce PHP Shopping Cart Solution Released" December 30, 2009.
- Avactis Tag technology description Tag technology
- Avactis Tag Library Avactis Tag Library (ATL)
-  Parallels Plesk Release Notes. Retrieved May 4, 2008.
-  ComputorEdge Magazine. Avactis for E-Commerce "A quick-and-easy shopping cart for your virtual store" by Michael J. Ross. Issue for 11/20/09.
- Paul Galloway. The Little Black Book of Online Business: 1001 Insider Resources Every Business Owner Needs. Published by John Wiley&Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey. ISBN 978-0-470-40776-9