|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2013)|
|Limited Liability Company|
|Industry||Transaction Tax Automation|
|Headquarters||Bainbridge Island, WA, USA|
Number of locations
Number of employees
Avalara, Inc. is a privately held company with headquarters on Bainbridge Island, WA developing cloud-based sales tax and compliance systems. Founded in 2004, Avalara is one of six Certified Service Provider available to retailers.
Marketplace Fairness Act
Passed by the U.S. Senate in May 2013, The Marketplace Fairness Act would enable state governments to collect sales and use taxes from remote retailers with no physical presence in their state. Avalara has taken no official stance on the legislation.
- Jenkins, Taija. "Avalara Announces Acquisition of UPC Matrix Master" cpapracticeadvisor.com. 10 Jan. 2013. <http://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/news/10851467/avalara-announces-acquisition-of-upc-matrix-master>.
- "Certified Service Providers." Streamlined Sales Tax. Streamlined Sales Tax Governing Board, Inc, Retrieved 23 Sep. 2013. <http://www.streamlinedsalestax.org/index.php?page=certified-service-providers>.
- "Fast-growing Avalara scores $7 million to cash out early investors" GeekWire.com. 12 Sep. 2011. <http://www.geekwire.com/2011/fastgrowing-avalara-scores-7m-cash-early-investors>.
- "Sales tax automation ace Avalara recharges with $20 million round led by Battery Ventures" GeekWire.com. 27 Jun. 2012. <http://www.geekwire.com/2012/sales-tax-collection-ace-avalara-recharges-20m-led-battery-ventures/>.
- "Avalara Acquires UPC Matrix Master™" accountingweb.com. 10 Jan. 2013. <http://www.accountingweb.com/press/avalara-acquires-upc-matrix-master%E2%84%A2>.
- "Avalara Buys Exemption Certificate Manager" accountingtoday.com. 4 Feb. 2013. <http://www.accountingtoday.com/accounting-technology/news/avalara-buys-exemption-certificate-manager65588-1.html>
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|