From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Avars)
|Look up Avar, Avars, avar, or avars in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Avar or Avars may refer to:
- Avars (Caucasus), a modern North Caucasian-speaking people in the North Caucasus, Dagestan, Russia
- Avars (Carpathians), a medieval people of Altaic extraction who lived in Central and Eastern Europe
- Avar Khaganate, the country of the Carpathian Avars in Central and Eastern Europe
- Uar, a medieval Central Asian people also known as the Hephthalites, possibly linked with the Carpathian Avars
- Rouran Khaganate, a state of nomadic Mongolian tribes from the late 4th century until the middle 6th century, possibly linked with the Carpathian Avars
- Avar (animation variable), a variable in computer-generated imagery
- Avar(), symbol for asymptotic variance
In The Lord of the Rings
- Avari (Middle-earth), a group of Elves
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Avar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.