||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2010)|
|Traded as||BSE: 500674
|Dr. Shailesh Ayyangar (MD)|
|Products||Prescription and over-the-counter drugs for thrombosis, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, central nervous system disorders, oncology and internal medicine, vaccines (list...)|
|Revenue||₹10855.0 million (US$170 million) (2009–2010)|
Number of employees
Aventis Pharma Limited, headquartered in Mumbai, is a part of Sanofi-Aventis group. Sanofi-Aventis and its 100% subsidiary Hoechst AG, are the major shareholders of Aventis Pharma Limited. Its manufacturing portfolio contains medicines for several therapeutic areas including cardiovascular, thrombotic, metabolic disorders, oncology, disorders of the central nervous system, internal medicine. Its primarily business is medicines in the dosage forms of liquid injectables, tablets, capsules, ointments, drops and syrup. In July 2003, company launched Lantus, the world's first and only once a day insulin.
Aventis Pharma Limited was incorporated in May 1956 under the name Hoechst Fedco Pharma Private Limited. Over the years, its name was changed to Hoechst Pharmaceuticals Private Limited, Hoechst India Limited and Hoechst Marion Roussel Limited.
As of August 2012, it is part of Sanofi.
- "Aventis Pharma launches SoloSTAR – Express Pharma". Expresspharmaonline.com. 31 May 2008. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- (French) http://www.sanofi-aventis.in/live/in/en/layout.jsp?scat=F7F471EB-699B-49C8-9F92-857859E6B69A
- "Aventis Pharma". Business.mapsofindia.com. 31 March 2007. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES Maharashtra Page 51" (PDF). www.ibef.org/. Archived (PDF) from the original on 16 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Top 500 Companies 2009" (PDF). www.dnb.co.in. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Aventis Pharma Ltd Background details about Company Profile". Indiainfoline.com. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Sanofi Aventis plans rural push under Hoechst brand". Financialexpress.com. 11 December 2009. Retrieved 2010-07-27.