Avenue of Technology (Philadelphia)
The Avenue of Technology is a signed segment of Market Street in the University City section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It crosses through the campuses of Drexel University and University City Science Center.
The avenue was "...officially named by Mayor Ed Rendell in December ...", and is being marketed as "the city's high-tech corridor". The target is to make the area "...home to technology companies and research institutions." As of 2013, there are plans to "... transform the five-block stretch of Market Street between 34th and 39th streets through semi-permanent artwork..." The artwork along this stretch of Market Street is intended to "... brings a new dimension to the Science Center’s partnership with the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority, as well as aligning with the Science Center’s goal of becoming a place to live, work and play."
- 30th Street Station
- Drexel University
- LeBow Engineering Center
- University City Science Center
- University of Pennsylvania
- "Avenue Of Technology Works On Role A ``port Of Technology Building Will Be A Central Feature Of The Market St. Corridor.".
- "Art along the Avenue of Technology".
- "Breadboard Announces Art Along the Avenue of Technology".