|Founded||Bangalore, India, 1998|
|Founder(s)||Dr Villoo Morawala-Patell|
Avesthagen Limited is a leading life science company pioneering the convergence between Food, Pharma and Population Genetics leading to Predictive Preventive Personalized Healthcare™.
The business model of Avesthagen is to combine IP & product development through in-house research and collaborations. Avesthagen has built and continues to build an integrated, systems biology approach of capabilities, products, infrastructure and technology that allows for and facilitates 'cross talk' between numerous disciplines, leading to unique and innovative solutions. We employ 450 people worldwide and are headquartered in Bangalore, India.  It was founded in 1998 by Dr. Villoo Morawala-Patell, who is the current Chairperson and Managing Director of the Company.
The A V E S T A G E N O M E Project™ is a systems-biology-based study of the Parsis, a genetically homogeneous community, which aims to determine the genetic basis of longevity and age-related disorders. It also aims to discover population-validated drug targets and molecular markers for diagnostics.
- "Avesthagen to raise $60 mn in complex deal from Cayman-based fund". Business Standard. 12 May 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- P.T. Jyothi Datta. "Decoding the longevity DNA of Parsis". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "The A V E S T A G E N O M E project™ - a discovery model for disease genomics and beyond". 11 October 2010.
- Avesthagen to focus on health agri verticals
- Avesthagen plans to raise between Rs 500-600 crore
- Avesthagen signs MOU with CosmosID™ for Improving Diagnosis and Management of Tuberculosis
- Avesthagen granted US Patent for Environmentally Adjusted Crops (EAC)® technology for oxidative stress-tolerant Rice
- Avesthagen to acquire two seed companies, The Hindu, Sep 10, 2006
- Avesthagen ties up with French seeds major, The Hindu Business Line, July 21, 2006
- Avesthagen to invest Rs 45 crore more, The Hindu Business Line, October 25, 2005
- Presentation by CEO, October 2003, at US-Asia Technology Management Center, Stanford University
- Avestha Gengraine gets US patents for multiple use tech, The Economic Times, Sep 10, 2003
- Avesthagen granted US patent, Business Standard Wednesday, Jun 22, 2011