Performing in New York, 2010
|Origin||Long Beach, California|
60 Watt Kid
|Past members||Rebecca Coleman
Rotating past and present members:
Avi Buffalo is the stage name of singer-songwriter and guitarist/multi-instrumentalist Avi Zahner-Isenberg. His self-titled debut album was released on April 27, 2010, and was given positive reviews by The A.V. Club, NME, Filter, Drowned in Sound and numerous other music review sites. The album's first single is "What's In It For" with "Jessica" on the B-side. His band performed at SXSW the same year, and opened for Modest Mouse in July. In 2010, the band toured Europe and North America. In June 2011 a second single was released on Sub Pop, "How Come? and Good I'm Wishing", and he began writing for a second album. Summer 2011 had Avi and his band touring Europe and the US again. In December 2011, the "What's In It For" music video was featured in the Beavis and Butt-Head revival episode "Used Car/Bounty Hunters." Avi Buffalo started working more on a follow-up to his self-titled album in 2013, as well as becoming a producer for various projects such as Kevin Litrow, and Arjuna Genome. On February 27, 2014, Isenberg confirmed on his Facebook page that the new album was finished. Avi Buffalo's second album At Best Cuckold was released on 8 September 2014 in Europe, and 9 September in the US. Avi and a live band toured the US and Europe in support of this album in Autumn of 2014.
On 27 January 2015, Avi announced via Facebook that he was ceasing the band aspect of Avi Buffalo, at the end of the two-album deal with SubPop. Feeling that creative control had left his hands in an uncomfortable way due to "the music business, managers and band members", Zahner-Isenberg further said that he had not enjoyed touring. Avi currently continues to write music, work on other people's projects as a producer and session musician, and work with Litronix, jointly producing and playing on an album to be released during 2015 called "Pump The Gas" with music written, composed and performed by Kevin Litrow, but also featuring a long list of musicians from Southern California, New York, and Italy. Avi also joined Litronix as an electric guitarist for live shows and currently performs regularly in Litronix, as well as performing solo shows of Avi's own songs, typically on an acoustic guitar. A surplus of music from the time of recording "At Best Cuckold" is yet to be released, but "in the works", Avi says, on his own schedule to be mixed and mastered, then released for fans. 
- 2006: Monogram - Live at Dipiazza's
- 2007: Avi Buffalo - Home Recording era begins and varying CD-R bootlegs circulated by Avi Buffalo
- 2010: Avi Buffalo - Avi Buffalo(Self-Titled) (Sub Pop/Major Label Debut)
- 2014: Avi Buffalo - At Best Cuckold (Sub Pop)
EPs and singles
- 2010: "What's In It For/Jessica" (7" release)
- 2011: "How Come/Good I'm Wishing" (7" release)
- 2010: Sevendys - Guitarist
- 2013: Arjuna Genome - The Universe Is Blinking(Avi Buffalo as engineer, producer and musician)
- 2015: Bobby Rae - The Now and Then Clubhouse(as producer, mixer and masterer)
- 2015: Litronix - Pump The Gas(as producer, engineer and musician)
- 2015: Electric Dee - Swiss Xanax 4(Vocals, MPC)
- Film_Fanatic_15 (April 29, 2010). "Avi Buffalo album reviews at Metacritic". Metacritic.com. Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- US. "Avi Buffalo at Myspace". Myspace.com. Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- "Avi Buffalo at Sub Pop". Subpop.com. June 28, 2011. Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- "Arjuna Genome". Arjunagenome.bandcamp.com. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "Avi Buffalo". Facebook. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- Sub Pop Records. "Avi Buffalo". Sub Pop Records.
- https://www.facebook.com/avibuffalomusic/posts/10153668892058438 Retrieved on 27/1/15
- "Avi Buffalo - What's In It For / Jessica (Vinyl)". Discogs.com. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Avi Buffalo.|
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|