From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up avis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Avis may refer to:
- Avis Budget Group, founded in 2006 as the successor company to Cendant Corporation
- Avis Rent a Car System, a car rental company
- Haugesunds Avis, a daily newspaper published in Haugesund, Norway
- Farsunds Avis, a newspaper published in Farsunds, Norway
- Flensborg Avis, a Danish-language newspaper published in Flensburg, Germany
- Moss Avis, a newspaper published in Moss, Norway
- Rakkestad Avis, a newspaper published in Rakkestad, Norway
- Rogalands Avis, a newspaper published in Stavanger, Norway
- Sogn Avis, a newspaper published in Leikanger, Norway
- Stavanger Avis, a newspaper published in Stavanger, Norway
- Skotfos Avis, a newspaper published in Skotfos, Norway
- Avis, Pennsylvania, United States, a borough
- Avis, Portugal, a municipality in the south of Portugal
- Avis Dam, near Windhoek, Namibia
Science and technology
- calcar avis (hippocampus minor), an involution of the ventricular wall produced by the calcarine fissure
- The free software implementation of the Elvin network event routing specification.
- USS Avis (SP-382), a United States Navy patrol boat in commission from 1917 to 1918
- Auster Avis, a four-seat light aircraft developed from the Auster Autocrat (abandoned project)
- Avro Avis, a two-seat biplane
- Scottish Aeroplane Syndicate Avis, an early aircraft built by Howard Wright.
- Avis, a Harry Potter spell
- Avis Everhard, fictional narrator of Jack London's "The Iron Heel"
- Avis de Recherche, Canadian French language category 2 digital cable specialty channel
- Menton J. Matthews III, a musician who is also known as Avis
- Anderlik Varga Iskola Sport or AVIS, a 1930s Hungarian aviation company
- Andover Village Improvement Society, the oldest conservation society in the eastern United States
- Associazione Volontari Italiani Sangue, or AVIS, the major Italian blood donation organisation
- Order of Aviz (Ordem Militar de Avis), a Portuguese military order
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.