||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (April 2013)|
|Industry||Enterprise and Solution Architecture and Modelling, Business Process Modelling and Analysis|
Dr. Tim O'Neill, Founder
|Divisions||AMER, EMEA and APAC|
Avolution is a global provider of Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Modeling and Process Modeling software with offices based in Sydney - Australia, Oxford - UK and the Washington Metropolitan Area - USA. Avolution was spun-out from the University of Technology, Sydney in 2001 and the name 'avolution' is an abbreviation of the term "Architecture-based Evolution".
ABACUS is a software package used for Enterprise Architecture (EA), Enterprise Modeling and Process Modeling and is recognized as supporting the most EA frameworks and being the most cost-effective and flexible EA tool on the market,. ABACUS uniquely can create multiple solution alternatives ("architectures") and then run various simulations or calculations against each alternative for metrics such as Cost, Agility, Performance (utilising a Discrete event simulation) and Reliability (using the Monte Carlo method). In so doing it can recommend the optimal path for investment, with predictive and quantitative certainty.
ABACUS is deployed across different market sectors in over 70 countries worldwide. The current release of ABACUS is version 4.0. The name ABACUS stands for the "Architecture-Based Analysis of Complex Systems" 
- Discrete Event Simulation
- Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise Modeling
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Process Modeling
- Project Portfolio Management
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Architecture Tools". Gartner. Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- "Enterprise Architecture Management Suites". Forrester. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- "ABACUS 4.0 LAUNCHED AT LONDON ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE SUMMIT". Avolution. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "The ABACUS Architectural Approach to Computer-Based Systems and Enterprise Evolution". Proceedings of the First Software Architecture Technology User Network (SATURN) Workshop. Carnegie Mellon University. September 2005. p. 7. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- Official website
- www.youtube.com/avolution YouTube channel
- Forrester: Avolution Uses New Simulation To Choose Scenario-Based EA Evolutions by Henry Peyret, May 30, 2007
- CapGemini CTO blog: Is Business Architecture necessary for SOA? August 7, 2006
- The Open Group
- The Association of Open Group Enterprise Architects
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|