Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children
|Director||George Davey Smith|
|University of Bristol|
The Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children, also known as Children of the 90s and formerly the Avon Longitudinal Study of Pregnancy and Childhood, is a cohort study of children born in the former county of Avon, England during 1991 and 1992. It is used by researchers in health, education and other social science disciplines.
The study is hosted at the University of Bristol and was initially led by Jean Golding and is now directed by George Davey Smith. The initial recruits were 14,000 pregnant women with estimated dates of delivery between April 1991 and December 1992.
- http://www.bristol.ac.uk/alspac/ ALSPAC website, accessed 24 February 2010
- http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/Achievements-and-Impact/Initiatives/UK-biomedical-science/ALSPAC/index.htm Wellcome Trust page on ALSPAC, accessed 24 February 2010
- Pearson, Helen (12 April 2012). "Children of the 90s: Coming of age". Nature 484 (7393): 155–158. doi:10.1038/484155a.
- Frood, Arran (26 May 2012). "Profile: Children of the 90s comes of age". The Lancet 379 (9830): 1938. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(12)60843-5.
- Boyd, A.; Golding, J.; Macleod, J.; Lawlor, D. A.; Fraser, A.; Henderson, J.; Molloy, L.; Ness, A.; Ring, S.; Davey Smith, G. (16 April 2012). "Cohort Profile: The 'Children of the 90s'--the index offspring of the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children". International Journal of Epidemiology: 1–17. doi:10.1093/ije/dys064.
- Fraser, A.; Macdonald-Wallis, C.; Tilling, K.; Boyd, A.; Golding, J.; Davey Smith, G.; Henderson, J.; Macleod, J.; Molloy, L.; Ness, A.; Ring, S.; Nelson, S. M.; Lawlor, D. A. (16 April 2012). "Cohort Profile: The Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children: ALSPAC mothers cohort". International Journal of Epidemiology. doi:10.1093/ije/dys066.
- History of Modern Biomedicine Research Group (2012). C Overy, L A Reynolds and E M Tansey, ed. History of the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC), c.1980–2000. Queen Mary, University of London. ISBN 978 090223 8787.
- http://www.bristol.ac.uk/alspac/ Website of the study
|This medical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This England-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|