|Rabbi Avraham Osdoba|
|Occupation||Chief Rabbi, Crown Heights Jewish community|
|Predecessor||Rabbi Yehuda Kalmen Marlow|
|Part of a series on|
|Places and landmarks|
Avraham Osdoba is an Orthodox rabbi and a member of the Chabad Hasidic movement. Rabbi Osdoba serves as the head of the Bais Din Tzedek (Jewish Rabbinical Court) of the Chabad community in Crown Heights, Brooklyn; he is an authority on Halacha (Jewish law) and Hasidic philosophy.
Rabbi of Crown Heights
As a member of the Crown Heights Beth Din (rabbinical court), Rabbi Osdoba is considered[by whom?] one of the community's chief rabbis (Aramaic, מרא דאתרא (Marah D'Asra)). The rabbinical court is the spiritual and religious body governing the Crown Heights Chabad community. There are currently four rabbis serving on the Beth Din:
- HaRav Avraham Osdoba
- HaRav Yosef Avraham haLevi Heller
- HaRav Aharon Yaakov Schwei
- HaRav Yosef Yeshaya Braun
Crown Heights Kashrus
Aside from the usual responsibilities of a community rabbi (officiate weddings etc.) Rabbi Osdoba also administers Crown Heights Kashrus (CHK, a kosher certification, operating under the Crown Heights rabbinical court.
In recent years, Rabbi Osdoba's authority as sole administrator of the CHK was challenged by others, including supporters of Rabbis Schwei and Braun arguing that the arbitration panel (Zabl"a) ruled that the CHK should be run by a board of directors and is not a private entity, stating: "There is a need to create a new Vaad HaKashrus, which shall be the executive body of the Rabbis and the Vaad Hakohol. The court however remanded this ruling back to the arbitration panel for clarification  which is yet to reconvene.
Lawsuit with Rabbi Braun
- TorahCafe.com. "Avraham Osdoba". TorahCafe.com.
- An Aramaic equivalent of "Chief Rabbi".
- Chabad.info. "Beis Din Recommends Eishel Kapparos". Chabad.info. September 23, 2012.
- Collive reporter. "Crown Heights Badatz Unites". Collive.com. Feb 1, 2011.
- Beis Moshiach Magazine. "Chabad Mourns The Passing Of Rabbi Marlow, Zt’l". Beismoshiach.org.
- Collive reporter. "CHK Stronghold is Challenged". Collive.com. August 10, 2011.
- "Braun Sued for Fraud and Defamation After Refusing Multiple Beis Din Summonses". Crownheights.info.
- Lawsuit documents.