||This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)
The Avro Canada TS-140 was a proposed by Avro Canada to the United States Navy TS-140 Specification in 1956. The TS-140 was a canard type aircraft to be powered by four Bristol Orpheus jet engines. However the USN selected the Bell D-188A proposal instead.
- Crew: 1, pilot
- Length: 15.24 m (50 ft)
- Wingspan: 7.70 m, Canards 5.56 m (25.25 ft, Canards 18.25 ft)
- Height: 2.97 m (9.75 ft)
- Wing area: 66 m² Including Canards (215 ft² Including Canards)
- Empty weight: 4,663 kg (10,280 lb)
- Loaded weight: 6,464 kg (14,250 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 7,371 kg (16,250 lb)
- Powerplant: 4 × Bristol Orpheus 801 turbojets, 22 kN (4,850 lbf) each
- Zuk, Bill. Avrocar, Canada's Flying Saucer: The Story Of Avro Canada's Secret Projects. Erin, Ontario: Boston Mills Press, 2001. ISBN 1-55046-359-4.