The band has been developing its musical style through various demos: Embalmed in Blood (1992), Deformed Beyond Belief (1993) and Promo '95 (1995), and a 7" EP Carnivoracity (1994), until they recorded their debut album Eminence in Putrescence (1996) through Repulse Records where the band displayed a pure death metal sound mixing up both heavy riffs with melodic parts.  
With Cybergore (1998) the band mixed extreme techno with their traditional death metal. In April 1999, a Colombian label offered to release all the band's demos and unreleased rare recordings on CD (Seven Years of Decay, 1999).
The second album, Stabwound Orgasm (1999) was recorded at Spacelab Studios in Kempen, Germany and was mastered by James Murphy in California. Again released by Repulse, this album doubled the sales of its predecessor and was licensed by various labels in South America (Sylphorium), USA/Canada (World War III) and Russia (IronD). In January 2001, the band entered the studios again, this time with producer Roberto Galán to record four cover songs for different tribute albums which were finally put together as a self-financed MCD (Bloodcovered, 2001) in a limited run of 500 copies available only through the band.
In August 2002, the band travelled again to Germany's Spacelab Studios to record their third album, Yearning for the Grotesque which came out in February 2003 through the Italian label Avantgarde Music.
The band's fourth full-length album, Gorespattered Suicide was recorded in Madrid at VRS Studios and the masters were later sent to Erik Rutan of Hate Eternal / ex-Morbid Angel who mixed and mastered the album at his Mana Recording Studios at Florida. It was released in January 2005 by Slovakian label Metal Age Productions. This was followed by a tour in Japan (April 2005), European festivals including London Deathfest, Obscene Extreme (Czech Republic), Uncover Train Fest (Paris), plus a complete European tour (15 shows/11 countries) as headliners together with Italian grindcore act Grimness 69.
Reanimations (2006) was released by Xtreem Music and shortly after also by Metal Age Productions. It included two new songs, a new version from an earlier demo song, three covers (of WASP, Gorefest and Exodus), plus eight bands performing Avulsed cover songs. September 2007 saw the first official Avulsed DVD release with Reanimating Russia 2007, recorded in Moscow in June 2007 during the band's second Russian tour, and released by Coyote Records.
After three years of touring, Avulsed focussed on their fifth full-length album, Nullo (The Pleasure of Self-Mutilation), recorded in Madrid at Room 101 Studios between October 2008 and May 2009 with Javier Fernández as engineer and producer. It utilised artwork and design from Mike Hrubovcak. This album was simultaneously released in June 2009 through Xtreem Music and Metal Age in Europe, Coyote in Russia and will see upcoming releases by Ibex Moon Reords in the US, American Line in Mexico/Central America and Sylphorium for the South American territory.
In March 2012 it was announced that drummer Riki had amicably parted ways with the band.
- Dave Rotten – Vocals
- Cabra – Guitar
- Juancar – Guitar
- Tana – Bass
- Lucky (1992–1996) – Bass
- Antonio Pardo "Toni" (1992–1993) – Drums
- Luisma (1992–1994) – Guitar
- Iván (1996–1998) – Bass
- Furni – Drums
- Javi "El Largo" (1991) – Guitar
- Andy II (2000) – Drums
- Riky – Drums (2004–2012)
- 1992: Embalmed in Blood (demo)
- 1993: Deformed Beyond Belief (demo)
- 1993: Live in Perfect Deformity (live-tape)
- 1993: Dead Flesh Compilation (5-Way Split)
- 1993: Split 12"LP with Acid Death
- 1994: Carnivoracity (7" EP)
- 1995: Promo '95 (demo)
- 1995: Carnivoracity (mini CD)
- 1996: Eminence in Putrescence (album)
- 1998: Cybergore (re-mixes)
- 1999: Seven Years of Decay (best-of/compilation)
- 1999: Stabwound Orgasm (album)
- 2001: Bloodcovered (mini CD)
- 2003: Yearning for the Grotesque (album)
- 2005: Gorespattered Suicide (album)
- 2006: Reanimations (album)
- 2007: Reanimating Russia 2007 (DVD)
- 2009: Nullo (The Pleasure of Self-Mutilation) (album)
- 2013: Ritual Zombi (album)
- "Avulsed - discography, line-up, biography, interviews, photos". spirit-of-metal.com. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Avulsed - Discography". metalkingdom.net. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Avulsed". metal-archives.com. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Avulsed Biography". sing365.com. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Avulsed". myetymology.com. Retrieved 23 December 2013.