|Genres||Metalcore, groove metal|
|Labels||Search and Destroy|
|Associated acts||Bullet for My Valentine, Cancer Bats, Glamour of the Kill, Pitchshifter, Rise to Remain, Pop Will Eat Itself, Zoax, Avenged Sevenfold|
AxeWound is a British-Canadian supergroup formed in 2012 comprising Liam Cormier of Cancer Bats on lead vocals, Matthew Tuck of Bullet for My Valentine on guitar and backing vocals, Mike Kingswood of Glamour of the Kill on guitar, Joe Copcutt of ZOAX and formerly of Rise to Remain playing bass and Jason Bowld of Pitchshifter on drums.
The band was officially unveiled on May 1, 2012, on the BBC Radio 1 Rock Show with their lead single, "Post Apocalyptic Party", premiered the same night, and made available for free download. The same day, they were confirmed to sub-headline the Pepsi Max Third Stage at Download Festival 2012, on June 8, underneath The Devin Townsend Project. Tuck announced that Avenged Sevenfold guitarist Synyster Gates will guest on the song title track of the debut album. It was confirmed in Kerrang! Magazine that the debut album would be entitled Vultures. It was also confirmed four track titles: "Vultures", "Post Apocalyptic Party", "Cold", and "Blood Money and Lies". AxeWound's debut album Vultures was released on October 2. In August 2013, the band started work on a new album.
- Liam Cormier – lead vocals
- Matthew Tuck – rhythm guitar, vocals
- Mike Kingswood – lead guitar
- Joe Copcutt – bass guitar
- Jason Bowld – drums, percussion
- Vultures (2012)
- TBA (2014)
- "AxeWound "Vultures" Album Review — 5 out of 5 stars". Artistdirect. 2012-09-27. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "BFMV's Matt Tuck and Cancer Bats' Liam Cormier form new band AxeWound". NME. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Get a FREE download from AxeWound". AxeWound. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
|This article on a United Kingdom rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|