|Stable release||22.214.171.124 / 22 August 2011|
|Operating system||Windows 2000
|Available in||English, French and German|
Axialis IconWorkshop is an icon editor developed by Axialis Software. IconWorkshop can create icons for Windows (.ico), Macintosh (.icns) and UNIX-like systems (.png). IconWorkshop includes a library of objects that can be put together to create many different styles of icons. The utility supports plugins and allows importing graphics directly from Photoshop and Illustrator.
Software developers can edit icons directly in image strips. These images are used to populate button icons in application toolbars. Since version 6.50, the user can create and edit raster images directly without using the icon image export feature.
The product is cited in an article from Microsoft Windows User Experience Interaction Guidelines about Windows Vista icon creation. Axialis Software in association with Microsoft offers a free version called IconWorkshop Lite. This version is available to registered users of Visual Studio 2008 Standard or above.
Clubic reviewed the application, giving it 4.5 stars out of 5, saying that "it allows doing everything with icons, and its tools are easily accessible which makes the software intuitive". IconWorkshop has been nominated in the category "Best Graphics Program or Utility" at the 2005 Shareware Industry Awards.
- "30-Day Trial Downloads". Axialis Software. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- "Image Editors with PNG Support". libpng.org. March 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- Deploying Visual FoxPro Solutions - Icon Creation. books.google.com. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "PC World - Editorial Review of Axialis IconWorkshop". pcworld.com. December 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "Software News from CrystalXP". crystalxp.net. July 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- Hacking Firefox - Create PNG images from ICO files. books.google.com. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "Windows User Experience Interaction Guidelines - Icons". microsoft.com. June 2009. Archived from the original on 28 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "Visual C++ developer center - Downnloads". microsoft.com. August 2008. Archived from the original on 27 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "Visual C++ Team Blog - IconWorkshop Lite Now Available for Download". msdn.com. August 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "Télécharger Axialis IconWorkshop 126.96.36.199" (in French). Clubic. Retrieved 2009-08-05. "ce seul programme permet de TOUT faire sur les icônes. Tous les outils sont accessibles directement et l'utilisation du logiciel est très intuitive"
|This graphics software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|