|Headquarters||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Products||project accounting software|
Axium (XTS Software) is a privately held software company founded in 1993 and based in Portland, Oregon. Axium has created accounting, project management, and business development software for the architecture and engineering (A/E) industries. Axium was named one of the fastest-growing private companies by the Portland Business Journal in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Axium was rated as one of the top 100 companies to work for in the State of Oregon in 2009 and 2010 by Oregon Business magazine.
In 1983, Alan Mills formed a joint venture with Timberline Software and developed the architecture & engineering specific product offering. On September 27, 1996, Timberline Software sold its Architecture & Engineering product line to Mills and Cathy Mills. In 2004, Axium launched an entirely new software platform, Ajera, which makes up its core offering today. The company announced plans to move to neighboring Tigard's Lincoln Center in 2010. The company had revenues of $10.9 million for 2011 and had 78 employees at that time. Axium was sold in December 2012 to 2ndWave Software, but was to retain its headquarters in Oregon.]]
Axium launched a new product, Project Trek, in 2014. This came after the company acquired ArchitTrek in March of 2014 in an effort to add collaboration and construction project management to its offering.
Acquisition by Deltek
In June of 2014, Axium was acquired by one of their main competitors, Deltek. Terms of the acquisition deal were not disclosed. While Deltek announced plans to incorporate Axium's software solutions into their own offering and reported that the acquisition would speed their growth, Axium continues to operate as a separate entity and serve their 2,200+ existing customers.
- Ajera (2013) - In 2013, Axium consolidated ajeraCore and ajeraComplete into a singular software product. The new Axium Ajera offers the same web-based platform with full-scale accounting capabilities, project management and planning tools, and real-time financial reporting as the previous Complete version.
- Project Trek (2014) - A web-based project collaboration tool for Architecture and Engineering firms, spawned by the companies acquisition of ArchitTrek.
In addition to the main products listed above, Axium also has some legacy products:
- PORTFOLIO (2006) – In October 2010, Axium renamed and rebranded the PORTFOLIO product by calling it "AjeraComplete".
- iTime & iExpense (2002) – First web-based application for employee time & expense entry.
- Protrax (1997) – Axium’s first windows based software and the first time that Axium offered actual or normal costing within their payroll applications. Sale of Protrax to new clients ended in 2010 but Protrax will continue to be supported by Axium until 2013.
- TimeTrax (1992) – Windows-based time tracking program that could be integrated with AEasy, AEasy Plus and Protrax.
- AEasy Plus (1989) – Developed to service medium & large A/E firms with more advanced features.
- AEasy (1986) – Axium’s second generation MS-DOS solution targeted at small, growing AE firms.
- AEPEX (1984) – First A/E specific product was developed to work on UCSD p-System and MS-DOS running on a variety of PCs.
- "The 2009 Top 34 Medium Companies to Work For in Oregon". Oregon Business. March 2009.
- "The 2010 List: 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon". Oregon Business. March 2010.
- "Timberline Software signs agreement with Axium for sale of A&E product line". Business Wire. September 27, 1996. Retrieved 20 August 2010.
- Schmidt, Brad (August 19, 2010). "Beaverton's Axium headed to Tigard's Lincoln Center". The Oregonian. Archived from the original on 20 August 2010. Retrieved 20 August 2010.
- Stevens, Suzanne (January 10, 2013). "Axium owners sell the company". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- Rogoway, Mike (January 9, 2013). "Tigard software company Axium sold, will retain Oregon headquarters". The Oregonian. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "Deltek Axium Introduces Project Trek to Deliver a Collaboration & Document Management Solution". Panorama Consulting Solutions. 2014-06-27. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- "Axium Acquires ArchitTrek™ to Add Collaboration and Construction Management Capabilities to Its Accounting and Project Management Solution". PR Web. 2014-03-06. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- "Portland architectural and engineering software company sold to Virginia outfit". Biz Journals. 2014-06-05. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- "Deltek Acquires Axium to Extend Its Market Leadership in the Architecture and Engineering Industry". Business Wire. 2014-06-04. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- Axium Official Website