|Developer(s)||Axure Software Solutions|
|Stable release||126.96.36.19983 (Windows), 188.8.131.5283 (Mac) / February 24, 2015|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 8, Mac OS X|
Axure RP Pro is a wireframing, rapid prototyping, documentation and specification software tool aimed at web and desktop applications. It offers drag and drop placement, resizing, and formatting of widgets. Axure supports prototyping Rich Internet Applications by mapping desired interface behaviors (such as displaying or hiding an element) in response to actions like mouse clicks or touch gestures. Axure RP generates HTML web sites and Microsoft Word documents as output.
The Axure RP Pro application window is divided into 7 main areas:
- sitemap - a hierarchical list of pages
- masters (templates, or reusable collections of widgets)
- design area
- page notes and interactions
- widget annotations and interactions
- widget manager - a list of all elements on the page
Widgets available include:
- wireframe: image, text panel, hyperlink, rectangle, table, line (horizontal/vertical), menu (horizontal/vertical), tree
- form controls: button (various shapes, including tab buttons), text field, text area, drop-down list, list box, checkbox, radio button
- placeholder, inline frame, dynamic panel (used to achieve interactivity)
Users create custom controls by combining existing widgets and assigning actions in response to events such as OnClick, OnMouseOver and OnMouseOut or touch gestures like pinch and swipe. For example, interface panels can have a number of states, each being activated by clicking on an element such as a tab button, list-box item, or action button
- "Using Axure for Building Wireframes". Appnovation. July 28, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- "Comparing Popular Layer-Based and Code-Based Prototyping Tools". UX Magazine. November 25, 2014. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- ."AXURE 201 - Article 1: Dynamic Panels". Axure.com. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Official website
- Axure for Mac blog website
- "Axure Prototyping Tips". Archived from the original on 30 September 2012.