June 6, 1981
|Partner(s)||Sarah-Jane Honeywell (engaged)|
Ayden Callaghan (born Joseph Callaghan on 6 June 1981) is an English actor of both stage and screen, best known for playing the part of Miles De Souza in British ITV series Emmerdale from November 2007 until July 2008. He is currently playing the part of Joe Roscoe on Channel 4's Hollyoaks.
Ayden Callaghan, born Joseph Callaghan in Aylesbury  Joseph took the professional name Ayden when he started acting. He lived in Winslow, Buckinghamshire from the age of three, where he played football for Winslow United from the age of 15 up to the age of 20. His father and two of his uncles served as Winslow United players and managers. Callgahan continues to play with his co-stars team, Emmerdale All Stars in celebrity football matches as well as a regular for Luther Blissetts team Celebrity United and has also turned out for the Corrie All Stars as a guest player at Chester City FC.
Callaghan played on 8 March 2008 at Wembley Stadium in support of NSPCC. He attended the NSPCC Hall of Fame event at the House of Commons in 2009 and was thanked for his continuing support. Callaghan organized with Winslow United chairman, Colin O'Dell, a football match in Winslow on 5 July 2008, between the local team and the Emmerdale All Stars, to raise founds for Winslow United Football Club and the Lions Club of Winslow, which distributed its portion among local charities.
Callaghan is a supporter of Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C..
Ayden is dating TV presenter Sarah-Jane Honeywell and in November 2014, it was announced that the couple got engaged.
Callaghan trained as an actor at the Guildford School of Acting and graduated in 2004 after a three year course, where he achieved a BADC-Level II gold grade too. He is managed by Burnett Crowther Associates Ltd. and member of Equity (trade union). Callaghan has fronted numerous international commercials.
After his departure from Emmerdale, Callaghan has been cast in Danny Patrick's new film, The Best Years (movie) in which he will play the role of Frank McKnight. In 2010 Ayden Callaghan played the role of Dean Snaith in Alan Ayckbourn's play If I Were You. Having been seen in If I Were You, Callaghan was cast by Sir Peter Hall in the National tour of Bedroom Farce. In the Summer of 2011, Callaghan accepted a role in a new play about Boxing Beautiful Blows which premiered at The Royal Festival Hall the process leading up to performance involved boxing training at the Lynn AC. Scenes from the play and rehearsal/training footage were featured on Sky Sports 2.
He has appeared in Casualty and EastEnders on BBC1. In April 2012, Callaghan finished filming the British feature film, Two Days in the Smoke and is set to begin filming Bad Education with Jack Whitehall. In June 2012, Callaghan accepted the part of Detective Thomson in the British comedy feature Krish and Lee produced by Jaffa Films and directed by Peter Peralta.
He played the part of Miles De Souza, a fictional character on the ITV soap opera Emmerdale, making his first appearance on 1 November 2007. During the Inside Soap Awards 2007 in September, Callaghan chatted to DS about his mysterious character.
In an interview on the Emmerdale website, he commented on his on-screen persona:
"Miles is like a lost little boy with lots of problems to work though,” Callaghan told itv.com. “He’s bordering on being an alcoholic and when you have a drink problem it’s always there in the back of your mind, like a demon.” 
S: series. E: episode
- "Hollyoaks - 2013 to date - series regular - playing Joe Roscoe (Aka the sleeping Roscoe) - Lime Pictures Television
- "Bad Education - 2012-2014 - Two episode - Sgt Ron - series written by and starring Jack Whitehall - Tiger Aspect Productions
- "EastEnders" - 2012 - three episodes - playing PC Lomax
- "Casualty" - 2012 - S26 E28 - playing Mick Statham
- The Bill- 2010 - S26 E20 - "Walk on My Grave" - playing Ian Whittle.
Prior to Emmerdale, Callaghan also had roles in:
- Casualty (TV series)- 2007 - S22 E7 - "Inappropriate Behaviour" - playing Alistair Kelly.
- Supergrass (Docu-drama) - 2007 - directed by Steve Finnigan - playing Phil Morris.
- The Basil Brush Show (2002 TV series) - 2006 - S5 E3 - "Toothache" - playing Nurse Denham.
- Sugar Rush (TV series) - 2006 - S2 E7 - uncredited.
- Sugar Rush (TV series) - 2005 - S1 E7 - playing a barman.
- Hollyoaks: Let Loose - 2005 - S1 E9 - playing Dave.
- Hollyoaks: 2012 - 2014 - playing Joe Roscoe
Ayden appeared in three episodes of Loose Women in 2007 - S12 - E43, 77 and 80 - playing himself. Ayden presented an award at the IFTAs in 2008 and appeared on RTEs prime time breakfast show.
- The Battle of Monte Camino (2003) - short movie directed by Simeon Lumgair, playing Pvt. Gabriel.
- The Harvester (2004) - short movie directed by Mike Dean, playing Marcus.
- Goal! (2005) - movie directed by Danny Cannon, playing a Newcastle United F.C. reserve.
- The Best Years (2008) - movie directed and written by Danny Patrick, playing Shorty or Otto. In production. UK release date: 2009.
- The bus driver (2010) - 70 minute science fiction film directed and written by Stuart Dunlop, playing Liam.
- The night the creatures came alive (2010) - movie directed by Stuart Dunlop and written and produced by Daniel Birt, Stuart Dunlop & Michelle Edwards, playing Pete. This film was written and produced within 28 days and submitted as part of "The 28 Days Later National Film Challenge" - FEB 2010.
- "Two Days In The Smoke" (2012) - Slate 4 Films - movie directed by Ben Pickering, playing Liam.
- "Krish and Lee" (2012) - "Jaffa Films" - movie directed by Peter Peralta, playing Detective Thomson.
- "Death Scenes" (2012) - "BloodyCuts" - short film directed by Joel Morgan, playing the role of D.I. Collins.
- Guildford School of Acting experience: Benedick, Much Ado About Nothing; Guildenstern, Rosencrantz And Guildenstern are Dead; Dr. Wangel, The Lady from the Sea; Mr. Poyser, Adam Bede; Jellaby, Arcadia. Tybalt, Romeo & Juliet (film).
- 2004 - Balm in Gilead - "The Mill Studio" Guildford - directed by Michael Crompton - playing Xavier.
- 2004 - Someone Who'll Watch Over Me - "Gateway Theatre" Edinburgh - directed by Bruce Guthrie - playing Edward.
- 2005 - Someone Who'll Watch Over Me - "The Venue" Leicester Square Palace - directed by Bruce Guthrie - playing Edward.
- 2005 - Romeo and Juliet - "Stafford Gatehouse" Stafford Castle - directed by Peter Dayson - playing Tybalt.
- 2006 - The Long and the Short and the Tall - "Pleaseance Theatre" Islington - 19 September/7 October 2006 - directed by Bruce Guthrie - playing Sgt.Mitchem.
- 2007 - The Elephant Man - "Trafalgar Studio" London - directed by Bruce Guthrie - playing Dr. Treves.
- 2009 - Why didn't I tell you how much I loved you (Carmen revised)(Reading) - "Royal Albert Hall " London - directed by Hettie MacDonald - Playing Paddy (Don Jose).
- 2010 - If I were You - "Theatre Royal" Windsor (18–29 May 2010) and National Tour ("Richmond Theatre" Richmond 31 May - 5 Jun 2010 / "Cambridge Arts Theatre" Cambridge 7 - 12 Jun 2010 / "Devonshire Park Theatre" Eastbourne 21 - 26 Jun 2010) - directed by Joe Harmston - Playing Dean.
- 2010 - "Bedroom Farce" - "National Tour" - directed by Sir Peter Hall - playing Malcolm
- 2011 - "Beautiful Blows" - "Royal Festival Hall" - directed by Ben May - playing Len/Mike Turner
- Buckingham Today - TV soap stars set to play in charity Winslow football match
- Ayden's interview with Buckingham Today - "Stars coming to Winslow
- The GSA for Acting and Musical Theatre: Class of 2004 Acting
- BADC-Level II
- Callaghan's profile page c/o Burnett Granger Crowther associates Ltd
- Emmerdale's newest cast member chats to DS at The Inside Soao Awards 2007
- ITV's exclusive video interview with Ayden Callaghan
- "'Emmerdale' cast head for the door", Digital Spy. URL last accessed 2008-04-08.
- 'Emmerdale' cast rumours aplenty", Digital Spy. URL last accessed 2008-07-17.
- A short clip from "The Battle of Monte Camino"
- The Best Years at the Internet Movie Database
- 28 Days Later National Film Challenge
- Creative First - Projects
- "CARMEN REVISED MARCH 2009"
- "If I were you"