Aylesham railway station
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2010)|
|Local authority||Dover (district)|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Key dates||Opened 1 July 1928|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Aylesham from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
The station lies on the Canterbury East to Dover Priory line. It was built by Southern Railway on 1 July 1928 to cater for the considerable increase in passenger traffic brought about by the development of the Kent coalfield. The main modern buildings are on the London bound side of the station.
Off Peak Journey Times
- Canterbury East - 11 Minutes
- Dover Priory - 15 Minutes
- Faversham - 26 Minutes
- London St Pancras - 1 Hour 41 Minutes (with one change at Dover Priory)
- London St Pancras - 1 Hour 46 Minutes (with one change at Faversham)
- London Victoria - 1 Hour 47 Minutes
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Chatham Main Line - Dover Branch
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.
- Station on navigable O.S. map
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aylesham railway station.|