Aynata is a village in Lebanon. It is located in the southern portion of the country. A stronghold for Hezbollah, during the war with Israel in 2006, about 60% of the homes in the town were destroyed.
The terrain consists of plateaus of varying heights, with the Aynata itself located at an elevation of 740m. Several valleys separate Aynata from the nearest villages. Aynata has a moderate climate, cool summers and cold winters.
Aynata is the birthplace of Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah.
- Mousa Yousuf Khanafir*
- Amir Ibrahim Fadlallah
- Jamil Mahmoud an-Nimr
- Ali Muhammad as-Sayyid Ali
- Mahir Muhammad Sayf ad-Din
- Zayd Mahmoud Haydar*
- Muhammad Dheeb Khanafir
- Kazim Ali Khanafir
- Ammar Habib Qawsan
- Nazim Abdan-Nabi Nasrallah
- Marwan Husayn Samahat*
- Muhammad Hassan Samahat
- Hassan Ismail Mustafa
- Shakir Najib Ghanam
- * The body of the fighter was captured by IDF and removed to Israel but was returned to Lebanon in the prisoner exchanges in 2007-08.
- Cambanis, Thanassis (16 August 2006). "Reclaiming bodies and shattered lives in Lebanon". The Boston Globe.
- Slackman, Michael (11 July 2007). "Where Outsiders, and Fear, Loom Over Daily Life". The New York Times.
- "شهداء عيناثا الابرار (The noble martyrs of Aynatha)". Municipality of Aynata. Retrieved Dec 28, 2011.