Ayr (Somali: Cayr or Ceyr, Arabic: أير) is a Somali clan. Its members form a part of the Habar Gidir confederation of Hawiye sub-clans. Members of the clan were leaders or supporters of the Islamic Courts Union, which briefly held power over large parts of southern Somalia in 2006.
- Aden Hashi Farah "Eyrow", former leader of al-Shabaab, the youth movement of the Islamic Courts Union
- Sheikh Hassan Dahir Aweys, head of the 90-member Shura council of the Islamic Courts Union, Leader Hizbul Islam
- Yusuf Mohammed Siad Inda'ade, head of security affairs for the Islamic Courts Union, Somalian defence minister (TFG)
There is no clear agreement on the clan and sub-clan structures and many lineages are omitted. The following listing is taken from the World Bank's Conflict in Somalia: Drivers and Dynamics from 2005 and the United Kingdom's Home Office publication, Somalia Assessment 2001.
- "Understanding Somalia". Addis Fortune. Archived from the original on 2006-11-01. Retrieved 2007-01-15.
- Worldbank, Conflict in Somalia: Drivers and Dynamics, January 2005, Appendix 2, Lineage Charts, p.55
- Country Information and Policy Unit, Home Office, Great Britain, Somalia Assessment 2001, Annex B: Somali Clan Structure, p. 43