Ayu Ting Ting
|Ayu Ting Ting|
June 20, 1992
Depok, West Java, Indonesia
|Alma mater||Guna Dharma University|
|Years active||2007 – present|
|Known for||Modeling, singing|
|Height||1.6 m (5 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||45 kilograms (99 lb)|
|Spouse(s)||Henry Baskoro Hendarso|
|Children||Bilqis Khumairah Razak|
Ayu Rosmalina (born in Depok, West Java on 20 June 1992), better known by her stage name Ayu Ting Ting (also spelled Ayu Tingting) is an Indonesian dangdut singer who rose to fame in 2011 for her song "Alamat Palsu" ("Fake Address"). Her stage name, Ting Ting, is related to virginity.
Ting Ting was born in Depok, West Java on 20 June 1992 to a civil servant and his wife. She began modelling at the age of four, and was introduced to dangdut around that time. Ting Ting began her music career as a wedding singer at the age of 14, earning Rp. 250,000 (US$ 28) per performance; that year she was also Miss Depok. In 2007 she recorded a solo album, Dilanjut Aja (Just Continue), with Akurama Records which included "Alamat Palsu" ("Fake Address") (written by a man from Tasikmalaya) and "Ting Ting". "Ting Ting" used the title as a euphemism for 'virgin', including lyrics such as "saya masih ting-ting / dan terjamin ting-ting" ("I'm still ting-ting / and guaranteed to be ting-ting"); she later added ting ting to her first name to create a stage name, at the suggestion of her producers.
In 2011, four years after its release, "Alamat Palsu" became popular, with covers by comedian Sule and singer Olga Syahputra. After her rise to popularity, helped in part by Syahputra, Ting Ting can earn Rp. 30 million for six songs. As of October 2011[update], she is expected to start acting.
Ting Ting has stated that she attempts to emphasize her voice when singing and not sell her body, something she considers common in dangdut culture; she does not use sensual movements when dancing like some of her peers. She instead attempts to be herself, although with some Korean fashion influence; her attempts to be herself have been applauded by fellow dangdut singer Julia Perez. She has been described as a tomboy, and has stated that before rising to stardom she rarely bothered with makeup.
Ting Ting currently lives in Depok, West Java. She is reportedly uncomfortable with the sawer culture common in dangdut, where men slip the singer money to dance onstage with her; she has stated that she was once approached, given money, and kissed on both hands while performing, after which she stopped the show.
Ting Ting is a fan of K-pop, although she also likes the dangdut of Dewi Persik; she has stated that Persik's "goyang gergaji" ("saw move") requires skill and confidence that she herself does not possess.
Ayu Tingting married with Henry Baskoro Hendarso (Enji) on July 4, 2013, but on January 27, 2014 Ayu noted proposal for Divorce in Depok Religious Court. On December 31, 2013, Ayu delivered Bilqis Khumairah Razak in Jakarta. On April 1, 2014 the court agree Ayu proposal for divorce by verstek (without present of the opponent) and the court decision will valid after 2 weeks of the court decision date if there are no disagree from the opponent (Enji).
- Dilanjut Aja (Go On)
- Geol Ajep-Ajep
- Rekening Cinta (Love Account)
- Ariwibowo 2011, Ayu Ting Ting.
- VIVAnews 2011, Wawancara: Ayu Ting.
- KapanLagi.com, Ayu Ting Ting.
- The Jakarta Globe 2011, 'Fake Address' is Ayu.
- KapanLagi.com 2011, Cerita Ayu Ting.
- The Jakarta Post 2011, Ayu Tingting thankful.
- "Ayu Ting-ting Gelar Akad Nikah Diam-Diam" (in Indonesian). July 4, 2013.
- "Gandeng 8 Pengacara Ayu Resmi Gugat Cerai Enji". January 28, 2014.
- Willem Jonata (February 18, 2014). "Enji Kecewa Tidak Ada Hendarso di Belakang Nama Anaknya".
- "Enji Masih Bisa Ajukan Keberatan ke PA Depok". April 1, 2014.
- Ariwibowo, A. A. (8 October 2011). "Ayu Ting Ting yang Sensual" [The Sensual Ayu Ting Ting]. Kompas (Jakarta). Archived from the original on 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Ayu Ting Ting". KapanLagi.com (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Ayu Tingting thankful for sudden stardom". The Jakarta Post (Jakarta). 4 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Cerita Ayu Ting Ting Soal Asal Namanya" [Ayu Ting Ting's Story about her Name]. KapanLagi.com. 30 September 2011. Archived from the original on 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "'Fake Address' is Ayu Ting Ting's Road to Stardom". The Jakarta Globe (Jakarta). 5 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Noorastuti, Pipiet Tri (7 October 2011). "Wawancara: Ayu Ting Ting: "Saya Sedih Dibilang Instan"" [Interview: Ayu Ting Ting: "I'm Sad if they Say I'm an Instant Celebrity"]. VIVAnews. Archived from the original on 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ayu Ting Ting.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Ayu Ting Ting|