Azamara Club Cruises
(President and CEO)
Bert Van Middendorp
(AVP of Hotel Operations)
Bruce G. Setloff
(Global Director, Charters & Incentive Sales).
|Products||Cruise ship holidays|
|Parent||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.|
Azamara Club Cruises (formerly Azamara Cruises) is a cruise line owned by the Norwegian-American company, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., as a subsidiary. The line operates two ships, Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, and is positioned to be at an up-market status but avoids the designation of a "luxury" cruise line.
Founded in May 2007 as a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.'s Celebrity Cruises brand, Azamara Club Cruises  was originally envisioned as an expansion of the Celebrity Cruises' sub-brand Celebrity Expeditions. However, because these ships were so distinct, it was decided that they deserved a line of their own.
As of April 2010, Azamara Club Cruises revamped operations by rebranding itself and its product. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., the parent company of Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity, hired Larry Pimentel as the line's new President and CEO to spearhead this effort. Azamara Cruises was subsequently renamed Azamara Club Cruises.
The line's vessels, Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, received a $25 million refurbishment. There are LCD TV's in every stateroom, new furnishings, new poolside furniture and expanded public areas.
Azamara Club Cruises raised cruise fares with the rebranding, but now includes complimentary wines during lunch and dinner, English Butler service in suites and beverages such as soda, water and coffee. They also introduced a new loyalty program, separate from Celebrity Cruises' Captains Club, known as Le Club Voyage and, starting in 2011.
|Azamara Journey||2000||Chantiers de l'Atlantique||2007||30,277 tons||Malta||Previously Blue Dream, R Six.|
|Azamara Quest||2000||Chantiers de l'Atlantique||2007||30,277 tons||Malta||Previously Blue Moon, Delphin Renaissance, and R Seven.|
Recent travel awards include
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Top 10 midsize ship lines ranked as #4 by Condé Nast Traveller
- World's Best Awards 2014 (2nd place, large-ship category) by Travel + Leisure
- "Azamara now Azamara Club Cruises - Updated name, new logo and tagline". Cruise Industry News. 8 December 2009. Retrieved 25 April 2010.
- Shillinglaw, James (December 4, 2014). "Delivering the Destination". TravelPulse.com. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "New Cruise line: Azamara Cruises". Cruise Industry News. 4 May 2007. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Travel Agent Central - "Larry Pimentel Announces New Azamara Club Cruises Brand"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Azamara Cruises.|
- Official website
- Official UK website
- Cruise Critic review
- "Immerse yourself in ocean luxury" – interview in The West Australian of Larry Pimentel, President and CEO, Azamara Club Cruises