Silsila Azeemia (Azeemia Spiritual Order)
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (October 2013)|
|This article is part of a series on:|
The Silsila-e-Azeemia is a Sufi order founded in Pakistan in 1960 by Syed Muhammad Azeem Barkhiya (also known as Qalandar Baba Auliya by his followers) and is named after him as well. It is currently headed by Khwaja Shamsuddin Azeemi since 1980.
- 1 Aim
- 2 Rules and Regulations
- 3 Birth of a new Sufi order
- 4 The Noble Spiritual Inheritance of Silsila Alia Azeemia
- 5 Present
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Aims and objectives of Azeemia Spiritual Order, which are to be observed by all the members of this Order are:
- To serve the Religion by remaining on the Straight Path.
- To strive to advance the Spiritual Mission of the Islamic prophet Mohammed after practicing his teachings truthfully.
- To serve the creatures of God.
- To invite the people to acquire the religious knowledge besides learning the spiritual and the modern sciences.
- To help people to have that thinking pattern through which they could be aware of their Soul and the Spiritual Potentials.
- To be sympathetic and courteous with everyone, as much as possible, irrespective of his caste, creed or color by considering the whole mankind a family..
Rules and Regulations
The rules and regulations of Azeemia Spiritual Order are mandatory for all the members of Silsila Azeemia and are as under:
- To maintain the spiritual distinction and identity in everything said or done.
- To advance in greeting irrespective of their age.
- Be kind with the creatures of the Lord.
- Avoid mutual differences in the Silsila.
- Act upon every directive of the Spiritual Teacher (Mentor) without having anything against it in heart.
- Never try to prove the superiority of your Silsila by comparing it with any other Silsila because all silasal are path to reach God.
- Anybody causing trouble or nuisance should be expelled from the Silsila.
- Lessons for chanting and cogitating must be practiced with punctuality. Avoid carelessness in performing Muraqba.
- Recite the Quran, giving due consideration to the meanings of the text studied.
- Establish an affinity with God during performance of Salaat.
- Spiritual Associate or a student of any other Silsila can be accepted in Silsila Azeemia as an apprentice (Talib).
- Anybody who is already engaged in a silsila cannot be admitted in the Silsila Azeemia because it is the law that a person cannot have admissions in two spiritual orders simultaneously.
- No one can break away, after having being admitted to the Silsila, therefore make no haste in getting admission in the Silsila. Anybody desirous of admission in the Silsila must be clearly told to carefully consider the option of taking admission because this bond is irrevocable.
- People entrusted with a responsibility in the Silsila should not call anybody their disciple. They should treat them as friends and should address them as friend.
- .Anyone with authority in the Silsila should not ensconce on a seat of distinction particularly made for him. Appearance and seating in the public must be like an ordinary person.
- Male, female, young and old; being the creative masterpieces of the Lord Creator are all brethren and sisters for one another with respect to Adam. Every one is equal; no body is superior or inferior to others. Superiority only befits him who enjoys the cognition of the ocean of the Attributes of God, who reflects the attributes of the Lord Creator, is helpful for the fellow beings and nobody is hurt because of him.
- Don’t let any doubt enter into your heart. Anybody having dubiety cannot ever have cognition of the Lord. Doubt is the most powerful tool of Satan through which he takes man away from his soul. Getting away from the Spiritual Values closes all the gates of learning, self-realization and cognition.
- A painter paints a picture. First of all he enjoys the painting himself. How can anyone else be impressed of his painting if he himself is not satisfied with his own performance? Not only that the others will not be impressed of his efforts but he will also be ridiculed. Thus, the painter would fall prey to restlessness, anxiety, and uneasiness. Therefore, do such things that you should be satisfied of them and don’t let your conscience grow dead. This is the secret for becoming a source of guidance to the others.
- Everyone should strive wholeheartedly and actively in the affairs of life, giving due consideration to the religious values, social and ethical and moral laws, without expecting desired results. Results should be left upon God because man is only a toy in the hands of circumstances. Man is forced to live his life as the circumstances compel him. Indeed God is Omnipotent and encompassing everything, He controls the circumstances and the situations can change as and when He desires so. Observing the moral, social and religious values is mandatory for every one during the course of earning of his livelihood.
- If someone feels hurt because of you, apologize irrespective of the fact that he is older or younger to you because greatness lies in submission and humiliation.
- If you feel hurt because of someone, pardon him immediately because vengeance by itself is a vice. The vengeful emotions only help in wrecking the nerves.Fire of anger produces vibration in the blood of the person getting angry and his nerves lose their vital energy, to wit, the vital force of life is destroyed in causing harm to others. God does not like any harm coming to mankind. God says, “God loves those who control their anger.
- Remember, candle burns itself and sacrifices its life for others. The moths give up their lives as a tribute to the sacrifice of the candle.
Silsila-e-Azeemia invites the whole mankind to rally under the banner of “Hold tightly the rope of God united and don’t have differences amongst you." (Al-Quran)
Birth of a new Sufi order
The more man is advancing in the field of physical sciences, the more he is getting away from religion. His belief has become weak and the faith is shattered. Peace has become something alien for him. His pursuit for peace attracted him towards spiritualism but he was not ready to adopt any unscientific means and methods in this regard. In order to meet the demands of present times a system, which could fulfill the spiritual needs of man of the modern era in a scientific way, was needed. Silsela-e-Azeemia has been founded for the very purpose of fulfillment of man's spiritual needs of this era. Rising above the orthodox, conventional and traditional ways of spiritual education modern techniques have been formulated to pace up with the modern era of sciences. Because of unorthodox approach and modern ideology this 'Silsila' is spreading rapidly the world over. Cognizer of Allah, Proclaimer of Reality, Knower of the Secrets of Spacelessness, Possessor of Insinuated knowledge, Master of the Invisible Controls, Founder Leader of Silsila-e-Azeemia, Hassan Ukhra Muhammad Azeem Burkhiya, His Divine Grace Qalander Baba Auliya founded this Silsila after having its approval from Mohammed in July 1960. The name of the 'silsila' (the spiritual order) goes after the name of its founder. Silsila-e-Azeemia encompasses both the spiritual sections viz. Spiritual Association (sulook) and the Raptness (juzb). His Divine Grace Qalander Baba Auliya has been benefited from twenty-one salasil and enjoys the very special distinction of being the Khanwada (to whom the thinking pattern of the founder leader of a silsila is transferred) of eleven salasil. Discipleship of the traditional style and orthodox manner is not there in this silsila. No particular dress or typical appearance is suggested here. Only sincere interest and devotion for spirituality is the basic criteria for ones association with the silsila. Disciples in this silsila are called friends. Instead of austere and rigorous rituals simple brief and easy-to-perform lessons and exercises have been introduced. Basis of the education is that worshipping style and method which was exercised by Mohammed in the cave of Hira for a long time. Practice of this exercise of meditation helps the spiritual associate to start his journey in the spiritual realm. 
The Noble Spiritual Inheritance of Silsila Alia Azeemia
- Najmuddin Kubra, Sheikh al-Kubra, A great Sheikh
- Zul-Nun Misri
- Muhammad Sughra Taj-ud-din(The Torch of Religion)
- Sheikh Shahab-ud-din Suhrawardi, (Sheikh of Sheikhs)
- Sheikh Baha al-Haqq Naqshbandi, Khwaja Baqi Allah
- Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani
- Imam Musa al-Kazim
- Zul Nun Misri
- Sharf-ud-din bu Ali Shah Qalander
- Muhammad Sughra Taj-ud-din
- Abdul-Qahir Abu Najib al-Suhrawardi
- Sheikh Shahab-ud-din Suhrawardi, Sheikh of Sheikhs
- Abul-Faiz Qalander Ali Suhrawardi (Great Hazrat Jee)
- Sheikh Baha al-Haqq wal-din Zakariya Tamtafi
- Bayazid Bistami
- Muhammad Sughra Taj-ud-din (The Torch of Religion)
There are more than hundred Azeemia centres (Muraqba Halls) throughout the world.
Silsila Azeemia strives to "promote the teachings of Mohammed so that our soul may find happiness and peace, and fulfill the purpose of our creation, which is to experience, and understand the ultimate reality by gaining spiritual knowledge of the highest form."
|Sufism and Tariqa|
- Qalander Baba Auliya
- Khwaja Shamsuddin Azeemi
- Baba Tajuddin of Nagpur
- Syed Ahmed Mohiyudheen Noorishah Jeelani