ADA University (ADA) (Azerbaijani: ADA Universiteti) is a university established under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan in March 2006. When founded its main objective was to train specialists for a diplomatic career in Azerbaijani foreign affairs. Its founding rector is Dr. Hafiz Pashayev, who is a Deputy Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan and a former ambassador of Azerbaijan to the United States.
ADA is dedicated to preparing innovative global leaders and to promoting useful collaborative research on diplomacy, public and international affairs, business, humanities and sciences, information technologies and system engineering.
ADA's vision is based on four pillars:
- Global Leadership
- Innovative Learning
- Social Responsibility
- Thriving Location
Schools and programs
Since 2006 ADA has expanded the number of programs it offers and became full-fledged university with four schools:
- School of Public and International Affairs
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies (BAIS)
- Bachelor in Public Affairs (BPA)
- Master of Arts in Diplomacy and International Affairs (MADIA)
- Masters of Public Policy
- School of Humanities and Sciences
- General Education
- English for Academic and Professional Purposes (EAPP)
- School of Business
- Executive Masters of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Science in Economics (BSE)
- School of Engineering and Information Technologies
- Bachelors of Computer Sciences (BCS)
- Bachelor of IT and Sciences Engineering (BITSE)
A trademark of ADA, its library stands at the center of intellectual life on campus. With world-class collections and services — the total capacity will reach some 40 000 print books and more than 300 000 electronic books and famous periodicals — ADA Library became the most substantial foreign language collection in the region and serves as an essential partner in study, teaching, and research at the university.
ADA offers a limited number of full and partial fellowships to outstanding international students studying in its degree programs. For continuation of fellowship, fellows must be in good academic standing demonstrated by a minimum annual GPA level of 2.5.
Full ADA Fellowship covers tuition, books and accommodation. Fellowship recipients are expected to cover all other expenses, including student fees.
Students have part-time employment opportunities at ADA. These opportunities are announced internally based on departments needs and the available budget. Students are also eligible for a Research Assistantship. Successful candidates are expected to assist ADA faculty member with a research project.
ADA offers merit-based scholarships for students’ outstanding academic performance. To be eligible, students must accumulate GPA of 3.80 or higher. The scholarship is awarded on a semester basis to a limited number of students with the highest GPAs.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy.|
- ADA University's official website
- ADA Foundation official website
- ADA Bookstore official website
- Caspian Center for Energy and Environment