Bärbel Podeswa (née Weidlich; born 8 December 1946 in Naumburg) is a retired East German hurdler.
She won the silver medal in 50 m hurdles at the 1968 European Indoor Games, behind Karin Balzer. At the 1969 European Championships she won a silver medal in the 100 m hurdles as well as a gold medal in 4x100 metres relay, together with teammates Renate Meißner, Regina Höfer and Petra Vogt.
She competed for the club SC Chemie Halle during her active career.
- This article incorporates information from the German Wikipedia.
- 1938: Germany (Kohl, Krauß, Albus, Kühnel)
- 1946: Netherlands (van der Kade-Koudijs, Witziers-Timmer, Adema, Blankers-Koen)
- 1950: Great Britain (Hay, Desforges, Hall, Foulds)
- 1954: Soviet Union (Krepkina, Uliskina, Itkina, Turova)
- 1958: Soviet Union (Krepkina, Kepp, Polyakova, Maslovskaya)
- 1962: Poland (Ciepły, Sobotta, Szyroka, Piątkowska)
- 1966: Poland (Bednarek, Straszynska, Kirszenstein, Kłobukowska)
- 1969: East Germany (Höfer, Meissner, Podeswa, Vogt)
- 1971: West Germany (Schittenhelm, Helten, Irrgang, Mickler)
- 1974: East Germany (Maletzki, Stecher, Heinich, Eckert)
- 1978: Soviet Union (Anisimova, Maslakova, Kondratyeva, Storozhkova)
- 1982: East Germany (Walther, Eckert, Rieger, Göhr)
- 1986: East Germany (Gladisch, Rieger, Brestrich-Auerswald, Göhr)
- 1990: East Germany (Möller, Krabbe, Behrendt, Günther)
- 1994: Germany (Paschke, Knoll, Zipp, Lichtenhagen)
- 1998: France (Benth, Bangué, Félix, Arron)
- 2002: France (Combe, Hurtis, Félix, Sidibé)
- 2006: Russia (Gushchina, Rusakova, Khabarova, Grigoryeva)
- 2010: Ukraine (Povh, Pohrebnyak, Ryemyen, Bryzghina)
- 2012: Germany (Günther, Cibis, Pinto, Sailer)
- 2014: Great Britain (Philip, Nelson, Williams, Henry)