Béziers Cap d'Agde Airport
|Béziers Cap d'Agde Airport
Aéroport Béziers Cap d'Agde
|IATA: BZR – ICAO: LFMU|
|Operator||CCI Béziers Saint-Pons|
|Location||Vias, Hérault, France|
|Elevation AMSL||56 ft / 17 m|
|Languedoc-Roussillon region in France|
|Source: French AIP, UAF|
Béziers Cap d'Agde Airport (French: Aéroport Béziers Cap d'Agde) (IATA: BZR, ICAO: LFMU) is an airport serving the town of Béziers and the nearby Languedoc coastal resorts such as Cap d'Agde. The airport is located 11.5 km (6.2 NM) east-southeast of Béziers, near Vias in the Hérault department. It was previously known as Béziers-Vias Airport.
The airport handles commercial national flights as well as private, non-regular air traffic. After a runway expansion completed in 2007, daily direct flights to Paris Orly and seasonal services to Bastia were augmented by Ryanair flights to and from Bristol International Airport, which commenced March 2008. On 24 March 2008, it was announced that during the summer months Ryanair flights would also operate to and from London Stansted with a possibility of being extended should they prove successful. Further flights from Béziers to London Luton Airport were announced in June 2008 and these commenced twice a week from October 2008.
The airport resides at an elevation of 56 feet (17 m) above mean sea level. It has one paved runway designated 09/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 2,000 by 45 metres (6,562 × 148 ft) The runway is equipped with ILS.
Because of its comparatively short runway measuring 1,820 × 30 m (5,970 × 98 ft), the airport was unable to benefit from the growth of low-cost flights that had fuelled expansion at other airports in the region (Carcassonne, Perpignan, Montpellier and Nîmes). For some years there were plans to extend the runway and this work was finally carried out between November 2006 and February 2007. The new runway is capable of handling the Boeing 737-sized jets favoured by low cost carriers.
Airlines and destinations
|Ryanair||Beauvais, Bristol, Edinburgh, London-Luton, Manchester, Moss/Rygge, Stockholm-Skavsta, Weeze|
Source: Aéroport de Béziers Cap d'Agde
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 14 Nov 2013. (
- (French) Aéroport de Béziers - Cap d'Agde (BZR / LFMU)
- English version of Béziers Airport website. Retrieved 2007-09-06.
- French version of Béziers Airport website. Retrieved 2007-09-06.
- Midi Libre, 24 March 2008
- Aéroport de Béziers Cap d'Agde "Destinations". Accessed 21 January 2013.
- CCI Béziers: Direct, newsletter No. 7, Oct 2006, ISSN 1777-053X
- La Ville de Béziers: Le journal de Béziers, No. 170, p9, November 2006 ISSN 1252
- Official site, available in French and English
- Current weather for LFMU at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for BZR at Aviation Safety Network